Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz, kwhites634, BantyChooks, MotorcycleChick, C

Most of my friends don't have TVs they all watch Netflix on their computers and tablets
We have a TV plugged into our computer in the living room - the kids play games, watch netflix, etc, with supervision. ;)

We also have tablets. We don't have cable. Hulu and netflix are plenty! Plus all the free stuff on amazon prime streaming! We don't watch a lot of TV though....

Did you know that I'm tired? I went for a walk LOL

I didn't know that, but I can understand it. I HATE flies. They bug me.... (pardon the pun.)

Do you know that I let my kids have swatters and give them a penny for every fly they kill?
Did you know my dad used to pay me a quarter for every fly I killed? Better not let your kids see this post :lol:

Did you know my dad used to pay me a quarter for every fly I killed? Better not let your kids see this post
lol.png
With how many flies we get, I couldn't afford a quarter. The kids earn a few bucks a week as it is off the flies! LOL

Did you know that instead of allowance, I just buy my kids stuff they want when they ask for it, if it's reasonable and they've been good for a while?

(They can do "extra" chores for money though, but it's not an allowance, that's earned money! LOL)

Last edited:
With how many flies we get, I couldn't afford a quarter. The kids earn a few bucks a week as it is off the flies! LOL

Did you know that instead of allowance, I just buy my kids stuff they want when they ask for it, if it's reasonable and they've been good for a while?

(They can do "extra" chores for money though, but it's not an allowance, that's earned money! LOL)
:lol: Hey I made good money from that.

Did you know I think that is a fabulous idea? Hard earned money is so much more appreciated.

Did you know that a ball of glass will bounce higher than a ball made of rubber.

Did you know that coconuts kill more people in the world than sharks do.
I call you on these!!! Proof please!

I need explanations if true!

post-514158.jpg

122.jpg

Did you know there was an elephant convicted and hanged in Erwin Tennessee
I did not, Pictures or I dont believe you!

Did you know although the elephant trunk is really huge, weighing about 400 pounds, it is so dexterous it can pick up very tiny things including a single grain of rice.

www.omgfacts.com-elephant-basketball.jpg

http://sciencenotes.org/why-a-glass-ball-bounces-higher-than-a-rubber-ball/

"Why Glass and Steel Bounce Better Than Rubber

When a rubber ball hits a surface, it compresses and deforms before returning to its original shape. Quite a lot of energy is lost in this process. Although it is not a crystal like its chemical relative, quartz (SiO2), glass is rigid and does not deform much when it strikes a surface. Most of the energy of the impact returns to the glass. Steel is crystalline, especially hardened steel containing carbon, so it deforms slightly but retains a lot of the collision energy. Of course, the bouncy advantage is lost if a glass or steel ball is hurled with force because glass will break and dense steel will have enough momentum to become a weapon."

Back
Top Bottom