Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz, kwhites634, BantyChooks, MotorcycleChick, C

Iceplant really is great! Drought resistant, fire retardant, colorful, spreads like crazy, the bee's love it... We live on a slope & had a lot of it up until a couple years ago. You know the drought is bad if even the iceplant dies. We still have a little & some of the dead stuff is growing back after all the spring rain.
Yep its wonderful fire retardant too. Pickle weed some people call it. because the native varieties that live by the coast have pickle spear shaped leaves.

so Get this

Did you know pickle weed is edible?

Yep its wonderful fire retardant too. Pickle weed some people call it. because the native varieties that live by the coast have pickle spear shaped leaves.

so Get this

Did you know pickle weed is edible?

I did not know that, but I guess I should've guessed. Mine is the kind with the tiny leaves & tiny red/pink flowers. The chickens & duck love to eat it.
Batten down the hatches perchie, tomorrows gonna be a bear.:oops:
iu

I did not know that, but I guess I should've guessed. Mine is the kind with the tiny leaves & tiny red/pink flowers. The chickens & duck love to eat it.
Batten down the hatches perchie, tomorrows gonna be a bear.:oops:
iu
Red apple I remember when It was first offered Grows fast and covers the ground fast too. Makes a Great hanging plant. Actually all iceplant makes great hanging plants.

Yep we are battened down.

Did you know that if you put tinfoil up in the south facing windows it will reduce the heat in the house? and you dont have to use tape just spritz a little water on the window and wipe the tinfoil on with a sponge. We used to do that in Vegas. But if your windows are coated wrap the tinfoil around cardboard and hang with painters tape to the window frame.

deb

Red apple I remember when It was first offered Grows fast and covers the ground fast too. Makes a Great hanging plant. Actually all iceplant makes great hanging plants.

Yep we are battened down.

Did you know that if you put tinfoil up in the south facing windows it will reduce the heat in the house? and you dont have to use tape just spritz a little water on the window and wipe the tinfoil on with a sponge. We used to do that in Vegas. But if your windows are coated wrap the tinfoil around cardboard and hang with painters tape to the window frame.

deb
Did you know people around here that put tin foil on their windows are usually suspected of growing marijuana plants inside? Lol

Back
Top Bottom