Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas

Pics
Going to sound like the noob that I am but oh well, if I don't ask I won't know. First off, from all the great info on this thread I now know I have EE's and not amaracaunas like I was told. Anyhow, my two EE's we're giving me one or two light green eggs a day up until a few months ago. At that point production from all the girls dropped to almost nothing. I never got anymore green eggs. The production rebounded off and on and at times I was getting one egg per bird but no green ones.
With that said, here is the dumb ***** question.
Will EE's stop laying colored eggs and revert to the brown or whatever makes up the other half of their DNA?
Be gentle :)

Going to sound like the noob that I am but oh well, if I don't ask I won't know. First off, from all the great info on this thread I now know I have EE's and not amaracaunas like I was told. Anyhow, my two EE's we're giving me one or two light green eggs a day up until a few months ago. At that point production from all the girls dropped to almost nothing. I never got anymore green eggs. The production rebounded off and on and at times I was getting one egg per bird but no green ones.
With that said, here is the dumb ***** question.
Will EE's stop laying colored eggs and revert to the brown or whatever makes up the other half of their DNA?
Be gentle
smile.png
No, I don't think so...EE's can be sporadic layers.

I have an EE that is supposed to be an Ameraucana with greenish gray legs and she lays blue eggs. The rooster has the same leg color. The three eggs I received from Gabbard Farms Hatching Eggs and Poultry Supplies were blue and supposed to be Ameraucana but don't meet the APA standards for that breed. The three of them do carry the blue feathering. I will have to upload some pics now that they are 8 months old.

My store has chicks for sale but they have pic of Arucanus above the chicks but they say Easter Eggers so I would say they probably EEs What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom