Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas

Pics

I was hoping someone could tell me what my two pullets towards the front right of the picture are? They are supposed to be Araucanas but they have tails.

I can try to get another picture?

I was hoping someone could tell me what my two pullets towards the front right of the picture are? They are supposed to be Araucanas but they have tails.

I can try to get another picture?

Where did you get them? Hard to see them properly, but they could be Araucanas... tails are known to happen... they look a lot like 2 of mine that ended up with tails too...

I got them from the local feed store. I will try to get another picture tomorrow.

Ah... then they are most likely EE's then... most feed stores and hatcheries label EE's as Araucana, Americana, Ameraucana, etc... they might still lay blue eggs, but could be anything from blue to green or pink or brown...

Ok, have 3 little EEs. I think they are little pullets from vent sexing but the more I look at their outward features the more I question myself. They already have a little bump on their legs where Spurs will develop. I have some good pics of them from different angles and wanted to see what everyone thinks. They are 4 days old.

I don't know about pics 1 & 2 but #3 looks like my lil gal Gracie did when she was a baby.

Ok, EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas are so confusing to me. I have a bird (I don't remember what we were told it was). She has a tail, slate-blue legs, lays blue eggs, has tufts (they're adorable), but her comb doesn't look like a pea comb. But it isn't the tall single comb.
So what would she be called? She's also flighty.
Also, I have a chick that is a mix between her and (I think) a partridge silkie, and it has her color and her personality.
Thanks for any help in advance!

Back
Top Bottom