Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas

Not a bad start from what I can see... pullets tails look a bit pinched, but could be stress from moving and/or age... should pop over to t h is thread if you want some Lav breeder input... :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/newestpost/683425
They are a lot lighter than blues, but biggest difference is that Lavs don't have lacing and blues are laced...

I can't wait to read the link! Thank you do much.Your awesome. Ya they were shipped in these little tiny boxes. They were in there for almost 2 days poor things. I was told they were born the end of May.

Last edited:
I really enjoy all the information that I get about the many different breeds I was very interested in information on EEs. When we purchased our girls we were told that they were EEs and that we would get many different color eggs but we only seem to be getting a light blue or greenish colored egg are those the only colors we are to expect no complaints they are beautiful but every day the children are hoping for a new color
1f60a.png

I really enjoy all the information that I get about the many different breeds I was very interested in information on EEs. When we purchased our girls we were told that they were EEs and that we would get many different color eggs but we only seem to be getting a light blue or greenish colored egg are those the only colors we are to expect no complaints they are beautiful but every day the children are hoping for a new color
1f60a.png
They do understand that each chicken only lays one color?
..or you do and you're pulling their legs?

1f60a.png
You do realize that each hen only lays one color throughout her entire lifetime, right?
They are called Easter Eggers, because you can never be sure what color a pullet will lay until she actually starts laying. She might turn out to be a cream layer, or a blue layer, or a green layer; but she won't lay a different color everyday.

We have a couple of Easter Eggers and we're wondering about the color thing I guess all of them are blue layers so far until the other girls start laying maybe one will lay a new color
1f60a.png
At the time of purchase we were miss informed and told that they would lay a different color every time but we soon found that out not to be true but we're still excited about our girls and love the beautiful eggs Thank you for your response.

Yes (aart) they now know that each chicken only lays one color but we have some that have not started laying yet so they're hoping that we get a different color with one of them other than blue because we already have two blue layer thank you all for your response
1f60a.png

Hi everyone. I just bought my first two chicks yesterday and I am so excited. I was told that my lighter colored one is an Ameraucana. But after reading articles I'm not sure. Can anyone tell after seeing this pic of my girl ?

Hi everyone. I just bought my first two chicks yesterday and I am so excited. I was told that my lighter colored one is an Ameraucana. But after reading articles I'm not sure. Can anyone tell after seeing this pic of my girl ?
If you purchased her from a feed store, then she is not Ameraucana, but an Easter Egger.

Back
Top Bottom