Difference between runners and not

Attachments

• 0DD5AD0E-D609-4C91-BDF3-12867CCD2225.png
    0DD5AD0E-D609-4C91-BDF3-12867CCD2225.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 28298550-BB62-414C-8410-85D2B3D2C0FE.png
    28298550-BB62-414C-8410-85D2B3D2C0FE.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Like other said runners stand up taller and seem skinnier. What I have found personally is ducks can be very cliquey and have their own little groups but even more so with runners, I feel like they always stick together and move as one. Mine seem a bit more skiddish as well. Our ducks are hand raised. Very friendly come when called and eat from hands, held etc. but runners have always been more skeptical and hestitant.
As far as your breed confusion, khakis are a smaller duck and do stand slightly taller than other breeds but runners are very distinctive. The picture in the bathtub looks like the back duck has a runners stance for sure and has the skinny neck like they do. The other looks more slender than the average duck but not as distinctive. At first I thought their coloring looked like Cayuga cross but last pics look more brown. Campbells are more of a lighter brown though. However I am not good with genetics and coloring turn out from cross breeding. Either way beautiful ducks

It looks like a runner to me.

Here is my chocolate runner. Her head is always down looking for bugs
View attachment 2975026

Here is my khaki Campbell. You can see the difference
View attachment 2975029
This is super helpful, as I am almost 100% certain that I was calling it the wrong name!!! I think what I had is what you called a chocolate runner!! My sister on the other hand for sure had a Khaki Campbell drake, because he looked JUST like the second picture!! That made it super easy to tell, thank you!

Like other said runners stand up taller and seem skinnier. What I have found personally is ducks can be very cliquey and have their own little groups but even more so with runners, I feel like they always stick together and move as one. Mine seem a bit more skiddish as well. Our ducks are hand raised. Very friendly come when called and eat from hands, held etc. but runners have always been more skeptical and hestitant.
As far as your breed confusion, khakis are a smaller duck and do stand slightly taller than other breeds but runners are very distinctive. The picture in the bathtub looks like the back duck has a runners stance for sure and has the skinny neck like they do. The other looks more slender than the average duck but not as distinctive. At first I thought their coloring looked like Cayuga cross but last pics look more brown. Campbells are more of a lighter brown though. However I am not good with genetics and coloring turn out from cross breeding. Either way beautiful ducks
Thank you so much!! They were such sweet babies! They were skittish though, and more so the brown one than the black one. I didn’t post very good pictures, and she was super dark brown
making it even harder to tell. The black one would follow me around, while she would do the side eye thing and quack. 😂 I loved my little duckies!! Do most runners tend to be on the more skittish/nervous side??

Thank you so much!! They were such sweet babies! They were skittish though, and more so the brown one than the black one. I didn’t post very good pictures, and she was super dark brown
making it even harder to tell. The black one would follow me around, while she would do the side eye thing and quack. 😂 I loved my little duckies!! Do most runners tend to be on the more skittish/nervous side??
I personally have found them more skittish and nervous. We hand feed our ducks and they are usually the longest to get use to us, last to walk up to up and seem very jumpy. That’s just my experience with them. Ducks are funny though they never follow the “norm” so someone else’s flock could be the complete opposite that im saying

Back
Top Bottom