Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Any feedback is greatly appreciated BYC family! Hatched these chicks about a month ago and was told the eggs were Blue Splash Wheaten Ameraucanas - what do you think? Note - its only two, and I believe the blueish one is a female and the EE looking one is a male.

Last edited:
Any feedback is greatly appreciated BYC family! Hatched these chicks about a month ago and was told the eggs were Blue Splash Wheaten Ameraucanas - what do you think? Note - its only two, and I believe the blueish one is a female and the EE looking one is a male.

Both Easter Eggers. No Ameraucana in either of them with those yellow/green legs.

This is what wheaten ameraucana look like. The rooster and two of the hens are blue wheaten. A splash wheaten hen would look the same. The rooster's tail just looks darker than it actually is.

Last edited:

the 4 chipmunks , the image below is the lighter one in the foreground
all french strain araucana

the 3 darker ones

orpington cross

Last edited:
These babies hatched out mid November. The one with a darker stripe is looking *similar* to a blue wheaten Ameraucana, but he is totally an easter egger. The one with a lighter stripe has *similar* coloring to a wheaten/ blue wheaten, but she too is definitely an easter egger. I bred them from my easter egger girls and Wheaten Ameraucana boy so they are at least half siblings.

Back
Top Bottom