Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

anyone know how to feather sex araucanas?
i read somewhere cut cant find it,

in this photo you can see the 2 chicks with markings at 6 days old and already sporting some impressive wing feathers,
one of them has a rounder flight feather and the other a thinner more pointed feather. anyone got any ideas?

anyone know how to feather sex araucanas?
i read somewhere cut cant find it,

in this photo you can see the 2 chicks with markings at 6 days old and already sporting some impressive wing feathers,
one of them has a rounder flight feather and the other a thinner more pointed feather. anyone got any ideas?

Can't sex them by feather development. Sorry.

golden salmon, blue golden salmon, white golden salmon

some roosters, dad and son

advertised in france

Last edited:
Colors aren't quite right. Only the hen on the far right is salmon/wheaten. The others are Blue Partridge. Beautiful European Araucanas, otherwise.
may have got the colour wrong as google translate translates the same word 3 different ways depending on the order they are in lol

but people over here are selling araucana that arent, indiscriminately. one guy is selling pure bred and crosses, the pure bred had floopy combs
most "pure" araucana sold here have beards and muffs and most are selling birds male and female that look exactly like our 2 hens

the guy selling the tufted hens at the top is selling them for e28 each, but isnt selling a cock, which is a shame since i can not find a cock like them anywhere in france
and our cock is bearded. as you see from the images of the young roo, he is bearded and tufted the sire is neither, but not for sale

He turned out to be quite beautiful. Found him a good home with 9 of his own hens. He's happy.

Picked up this pair of Splash Ameraucana a couple weeks ago. I believe they are from blue/black/splash breeders. So, any chicks should come out blue and black. I tried to get a good picture of the hen, but she wouldn't look at me.

Back
Top Bottom