Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Pics
Ok folks- full breed ameraucana or mix- hatched him? out just before Xmas from papa's poultry eggs. Pen has both ameraucana roos and black copper marans but egg was blue so mom was ameraucana

Here he/she is again next to "mom"

Gender? Feather sexed at day 1 and they were all uniform in length on his wing so guessing cockerel

Ok folks- full breed ameraucana or mix- hatched him? out just before Xmas from papa's poultry eggs. Pen has both ameraucana roos and black copper marans but egg was blue so mom was ameraucana

Gender? Feather sexed at day 1 and they were all uniform in length on his wing so guessing cockerel

With the shafting look to the feathers, I'd say mixed... and feather sexing is only reliable with certain crosses, so I would wait on being sure of gender although the comb looks a bit pink to me...

Just because egg was blue doesn't mean an Ameraucana laid it...
Am confused, that white bird was the mom who laid egg?
How old is darker bird?

Last edited:
With that much color in comb at 6 weeks - cockerel.
Has white legs of marans...hard to tell comb type-peacomb can indicate a blue egg gene, depending on origin of blue egg hen.

Either way it'll be fun to find out. If it is a cockerel it will be interesting to see what happens when I breed him to my EE and BCM pullets.

Am I an Ameraucana?

First Week

Middle chicklet is a Silver Wyandote. Notice tan legs on the outer two "Ameraucana" chicks. Far chick is Buff Orp

Buff Orp is the blonde chick. Notice lighter legs on the "Ameraucanas"

Closest chick is Silver Wyandote. The four multicolored chicks are "Ameraucanas". Notice lighter colored legs.

Second Week

My legs are looking darker

Into 3rd Week

Legs are darkening and no longer tanish--becoming slate-ish colored.

Hard to tell if legs will be slate or green.....they don't look too green to me here.
Where did you get the chicks?

Back
Top Bottom