Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Pics
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread! I was looking for pics of EEs/Ameraucanas at ~11 weeks, as I have two. One I'm fairly sure is a pullet; the other I fear might be a roo. Both have pokey-uppy tails, which is what worried me, but I see lots of pullet pics that have similar tails. I'll see if I can get some current pics tomorrow to post for some expert advice. Roos aren't allowed where I am, and I'd hate to lose either of them, as they are the friendliest of all of our girls.

Thanks for all of the knowledge, and especially for the photos!

Do a search here for pictures of EE and/or Ameraucana roos and pullets--it will prove very helpful! Good luck!
smile.png

This thread is a great.
Very interesting. thanks so much to all of you.
for your knowledge
I sure Learned a lot more. about Ameraucanas.
I am wating for my
Ameraucana hatching eggs to arrive in Sept.
from Byc Member.
and cant wait to see what I get.
I hope Iget a good hatch.

Help, question on WHITE COLOR AMERAUCANA ROOS...My Ma bought me one yesterday, the guy she bought them from told her he had bred and did this for years to get the true one...

Does anyone have pictures of there White Aeraucana Roos??? I look at mine and to me, and I could be wrong he just doesnt look like one...the legs are a grey or slate color?....

PLEASE POST PICTURES IF YOU HAVE THEM...Im visual, thanks!!!! I will try to get a picture of Him posted, Im in the middle of a hatch, pip/rocking since last night.

I don't have a current pic, but the roo should be all white, have slate (blue) legs, a horn color beak (not yellow) and reddish brown eyes. (Horn includes a variety of shades.)

There are pictures on the ameraucana breeders club website.

Ok, I got a picture of my new little boy, he is 5mos old...now the man that Ma got him from swears up and down that he mated several chickens to get the true Amerucauna, I look and look at him...my roo

And I dont see it...Am I wrong? I mean to me this looks like a reg. roo not what he is stating it is....

Here are the pictures I just took of him he is all white, its been raining out and so he is dirty.

36033_dsc_0800.jpg

36033_dsc_0798.jpg

36033_dsc_0797.jpg

Now my Mother in law is 73yrs old, and recently a few months back she wanted Australorp roo, so she got on CL, this is where she found this one and her's also...Well they told her it was a nice healthy Australorp, big and pretty...so she got it, turned out it was HUGE!!!! and a Jersey Giant....

So now she bought these for us...and was told they are Ameraucanas...To me, I dont see it...

ANYONE???

It's an easter egger. See the wattles, ameraucanas usually do not have them unless the do not express the beard and muff gene from both parents. And, in that case, they usually have tiny little ones.

Back
Top Bottom