differences in hatching duck eggs & chicken eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom2Cool, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Mom2Cool

Mom2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Hi all Ok so I had been warned that hatching is a illness that once started we just can't stop right????

I made the mistake of going on ebay the other day & ordering ducks eggs. They're all just mixed duck eggs (call ducks) & I just got them this afternoon. I've started the bator a couple days ago & it's up to 99.5 but then it dawned on me that I think I'm suppose to be lightly spritzing them with water & I thought maybe I should check here with others to see if there's other things that are different from chicken eggs? Like the incubation period??? Does anyone know anyting about call duck eggs?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Do a search and you can go read up in the section that has water fowl as well but from what I understand
    they need 28 days not 21 and they need higher huidity though I am not shure if they need spritzing they very well may . Somone who knows will answer soon I am shure . Good luck

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Call ducks take from 24-26 days. You should try to mist them at least once a day after day 4 or they should have higher humidity. They need higher humidity during the hatch, but other than that they are the same temps and such.

4. Mom2Cool

Mom2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    got ya's thanks so much kids.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by