different color d'uccle

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Megs, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Megs

Megs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    i hatched some eggs from my newest trio of birds, which are mille fleur d'uccle, and one is a odd color compared to the others (and compared to the 9 other mille fleur d'uccles i hatched this year) i was wondering if it should turn out the same in the end or if it is a different color variety of d'uccle?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

theres a few photos of it (male) compared to his siblings, unfortunatly 2 boys and only 1 girl im afraid

2. chickenpiedpiper

chickenpiedpiper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    I just hatched a bunch of d'Uccles and I got one of these little 'chocolate buggers' as well, so I am curious to see what others have to say about it, Mine does not have the white head as yet tho, it is only one week old so far, but the same warm soft brown,,,,

A~

3. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Your boy is eb(brown)missing Co (columbian) gene

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    It looks like the ones that are being called 'black mille fleur', which is a color being worked on in the d'uccles circles. A black mf looks like a regular mf, but much of the mahogany color is replaced with black.

5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Pretty!

6. Megs

Aug 19, 2009
    really? the black mille fleur are awsome, i would be very happy if that is what he turned out to be! darn id need another pen for them! if this is the case could i breed him with regular mille fleur colored d'uccles and have a chance of more black offspring? i dont know much about the genetics

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I'm not too familiar with it myself, but most people that have them (that I know of) do keep them together. You'd probably get some black mf and some regular mf chicks [​IMG]
    And an FYI, if you have blue mille fleur you can keep those with them as well.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  8. Megs

Aug 19, 2009
    well im keeping him because hes an unusual color (wasnt planning on more d'uccle roos, i have 2) i think i will probably put my 2 porcelain ladies in with him (just pullets now) and see what happens (maybe a regular mf colored one as well)!

9. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  10. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    i would keep an eye on him, i have some experiance with black mille fleur's. Pm me and we can chat about him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by