different color d'uccle

Megs

Songster
10 Years
Aug 19, 2009
i hatched some eggs from my newest trio of birds, which are mille fleur d'uccle, and one is a odd color compared to the others (and compared to the 9 other mille fleur d'uccles i hatched this year) i was wondering if it should turn out the same in the end or if it is a different color variety of d'uccle?

002.jpg

008.jpg

theres a few photos of it (male) compared to his siblings, unfortunatly 2 boys and only 1 girl im afraid

I just hatched a bunch of d'Uccles and I got one of these little 'chocolate buggers' as well, so I am curious to see what others have to say about it, Mine does not have the white head as yet tho, it is only one week old so far, but the same warm soft brown,,,,

A~

It looks like the ones that are being called 'black mille fleur', which is a color being worked on in the d'uccles circles. A black mf looks like a regular mf, but much of the mahogany color is replaced with black.

really? the black mille fleur are awsome, i would be very happy if that is what he turned out to be! darn id need another pen for them! if this is the case could i breed him with regular mille fleur colored d'uccles and have a chance of more black offspring? i dont know much about the genetics

I'm not too familiar with it myself, but most people that have them (that I know of) do keep them together. You'd probably get some black mf and some regular mf chicks
smile.png

And an FYI, if you have blue mille fleur you can keep those with them as well.

Last edited:
well im keeping him because hes an unusual color (wasnt planning on more d'uccle roos, i have 2) i think i will probably put my 2 porcelain ladies in with him (just pullets now) and see what happens (maybe a regular mf colored one as well)!

Back
Top Bottom