Different mail-order hatcheries

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
Hi everyone, I was wondering if we could have an info thread with any mail order hatchery, and their minimum chick order/shipping costs. I keep reading about hatcheries I didn’t know about! If shipping/minimums change, then the post could be edited or thread can be added on to:

Example-
Murray McMurray 2021
6 chick minimum with $35 small order fee,
Or 15 chick minimum with free shipping

A few breeders that ship out day olds are Horstman's Poultry and Carolina Rare Chicks. Many breeders only ship out older birds but these two have eggs and chicks! Many people automatically want to go with a hatchery but I highly recommend going with a breeder and their pricing is pretty decent in my opinion for the quality of the birds!

Horstman's Poultry:
12 chick minimum with $7 small order fee for less than 20 chicks. Shipping $15 for all orders to most locations.

Carolina Rare Chicks:
8 chick minimum plus shipping charge of $50.

I have had problems with Hoovers Hatchery before. I wouldn’t recommend them at all. Ordered Jersey Giants and got australorps. Some had rosecombs, peacombs, even no combs. Definitely not Jerseys. I was quite disappointed.

I have had problems with Hoovers Hatchery before. I wouldn’t recommend them at all. Ordered Jersey Giants and got australorps. Some had rosecombs, peacombs, even no combs. Definitely not Jerseys. I was quite disappointed.
😟 All that time and anticipation and you end up not getting the breed you ordered... *hugs* I hope your next order goes better!

Cackle hatchery 2022
3 minimum per shipping order.
3 minimum per breed females & unsexed. 1 minimum per breed male.
Shipping rate from FAQ: Here is a rough estimate of cost for shipping and handling: For 15-300 birds Step 1: 20.00 flat fee Step 2: 15-100 x $0.27 per bird charge. 101-150 x $0.25 per bird charge, 151-300 x $0.23 per bird charge. Step 3: 20.00 + per bird charge= shipping cost. Example 15 birds is 24.05, 25 is 26.75, 50 is 33.50, 100 is 47.00. All orders with less than 15 total birds will be charged an additional 20.00 small order fee. Each additional 300 birds is an additional 20.00 flat rate

Back
Top Bottom