Different stages of eggs.

quail kid

Songster
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
Hello,

I have in my incubator some quail eggs but some are due 3 days before the others so what should i do coz i have 2 turn the other eggs but if i open the incubator would it hurt the other ones?

Quail kid

I am very new so I really am not shure, if you dont have a hatcher to put the eggs due first in , I would just act as if they are all the older eggs date and hope for the best, I am shure some who knows more will have a better idea

good luck

If its only 3 days difference it won't matter much. I've stoped turning some 6 days before they were to hatch and they still did fine.
You will need to take the auto-turner out. And then increase the humidity by filling the extra water trough on your incubator. If the humidity still don't get high enough then ad a small bowl and fill with water... you can also put a sponge in the dish to help increase the humidity. You want to have water droplets forming on the top of the incubator in the windows.
If the humidity isn't high enough the chick will pip the shell and then dry out and he won't be able to spin inside the shell and chip his way out.
The best way is to have two incubators one for setting and the other for hatching.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom