Different types of peafowl? j. Green IB and what else?

peafowlmom

Songster
8 Years
Jul 20, 2011
Summerville ,SC
I can't remember the name of these, tried the new search and keep getting the same articles coming up. So if you could just list the rest I would really appreciate it.

Yes the two wild types are the India blue in India then the green peafowl.
For green peafowl there are three subspecies (some say there are more than just three):

Javanese Green
Indo-Chinese Green
Burmese Green

Some people refer to all green peafowl as being Javas, but that isn't correct. As a whole they are green peafowl but the Java, Indo, and Burmese all have differences in color intensity and whatnot.
wink.png

This website:
http://www.pavo-muticus-muticus.de/english/

will show you the three subspecies if you click on green peafowl.

Last edited:
I bought 2 peafowl, they are half emerald green spading mom, 1/2 burmese. their coloring is so different I can't tell which one is the female. How long before the yellow shows up in their cheeks?

India blue.....in many mutation colors

Greens in the three type

spaldings cross of india blues and greens.....also in many colors

high % spaldings & greens females will be colored alot like the males without trains

I bought 2 peafowl, they are half emerald green spading mom, 1/2 burmese. their coloring is so different I can't tell which one is the female. How long before the yellow shows up in their cheeks?

If they are only 1/2 they aren't Emerald Spaldings yet, when we say half that means first breeding Pure Blue to Pure Green gives you half and some of those will never get yellow in their face also some will look Blue and some will be Green, 3/4 and Higher % are the Emeralds but according to the UPA any Spalding don't matter the % is only a Spalding.

We have a 8 yr old 3/4 Spalding Male he is a nice Green color but has no Yellow in his face.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom