Difficult horse decision *UPDATE*

Marty Robbins or Monty Roberts?
tongue.png

Cara, a D Ring snaffle doesn't have to cost you a mint. I have a few different ones from our local tack shop. Man, that shop is a dangerous place for me! LOL Anyhow, here is a page you may find interesting in the O, D and eggbutt snaffles....
http://www.southtexastack.com/shopping.cfm

I have put many a newbie that has fear issues on a cutting horse and after a few weeks it is amazing how they begin to feel comfortable. Not only because of the handle, but because they learn how to sit a horse. I can't tell you enough how it has made some incrediable riders out of my two daughters. Yes, they are young, but they can pretty much ride anything. My oldest had a horse she was warming up in the pen for a show for our trainer. Due to a nasty stud pushing on him he went bucking and some people paniced. She didn't have an issue with him as she simply pushed him past it and a dirty look at the rider on the stud did the job. LOL

I am positive your mare senses your new ability and is more respectful to you. Anger isn't a good thing under saddle or around horses.

Cara, I am so glad things have turned around for you. With Arabians I never have an issue of going forward, turning etc.. my issue has just always been brakes. I ride on a really loose rein with a broken kimberwick (has a chain on chin strap), when I need to slow down I am able to get their attention fairly quickly. I've worked the idea of walk into all their heads in my guided trail riding business and have no problems there. It's when I am blasting through the woods, want to slow down and they want to keep going that we have disagreements.
Really glad you checked out Chris Cox!! Save up for some of his videos or get on his emailing list to go see him- he is amazing!!!
Lisa

16532_my_girls.jpg

Back
Top Bottom