I had another thread going about a limping goose. Thankyou for the replies. Sadly Bruce passed away after the best attempts by me and my vet. We do not know what killed him. It took just a week. He had normal temp etc and was given antibiotics etc. Very sad. Problem is that I have 3 other free ranging geese plus 10 game hens and don't know if I have something poisonous in the garden. I know most plants and they should be quite ok. Bruce lived with them for 5 years. He was very fond of attacking anything green or brown and sticking it in the pond. The main thing he attacked over the last week was an ash tree which is not supposed to be poisonous. Does anyone else have any similar experience?