Dig proofing run

How many chickens do you need to accommodate in the run?
It will be split in half.
Half for the quails and half for at max 6 bantams, the plan is to free range them most of the time but I won’t be able to do that because of the bird flu lockdown, and I will probably start with three Bantams at first and see how that goes.

I have dug a small hole I got stopped at 9” down by a root and a rock, the concrete was still going down.

Most people would put an anti-dig barrier down 12 inches so it sounds like you've probably got a decent anti-dig barrier on that side.

No guarantees, but more likely safe than not. :)

I am planning to build a run made out of metal poles it will be 10 feet by 7 feet.
My problem is the back will be right up against a fence and the left side will be against a tree stump bush thing, there is no space to put a wire skirt and we may not be able to dig very deep.
any ideas of how to dig proof it?
The only predators we have are foxes and rats.
View attachment 2496344
I would line the floor with big rocks then put sand and pearocks on top of them my run is 2cinder blocks down all the way around then welded wire then sand then pea rock it used to be mulch but it still got muddy so I scraped it all out and put in the pea rock

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom