**Digging my way to the coop. GOT SNOW?**

Do you shovel for your chickens?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, no. It'll melt & they can play charades until then.

• Sometimes, depends how deep it is.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It doesn't snow where I live. (lucky you!)

• Total voters
omg....i was so happy a few minutes ago, it stopped snowing!!!! then i glared out the slider in the living room, and it started back up!!!!
somad.gif

Here in Northwestern RI we've already got about 20" of snow. I was just out slogging my way to the coop to check on the girls and I took a measuring stick with me. It's still snowing pretty good and I'm sure we'll end up with about 2 ft by the time it's done. My back and knees won't let me shovel much, but I managed to beat/shovel a path to the coop. Of course the girls refuse to come out. But they have food and water inside and the interior of the coop is staying above freezing so I don't have to worry about their water turning to ice too soon. They seem just fine. I'll have to wait for help (and the snowblower) to get a better path and get some of the snow out of the run so the girls will come out. Oh well, New England weather. Watcha gonna do?
barnie.gif
Good luck to the rest of you!

In the plains of Colorado ... we had about a foot fall from Saturday evening to Monday morning, and 2-foot drifts in places. Luckily I'd put the chickens in the workshop (still cold but out of the wind and snow) and the goats in an unused chicken coop (nights only). The chickens are just fine being out of the snow.

Isn't it Spring yet?

Vikki
==============

Quote:
We have our driveway plowed by someone b/c this is our driveway (on the day it was delivered in 2009). I can't really justify a snowblower for a path to the chicken coop for the two or so storms a year we may have. Just have to suck it up and take it like a New Englander.
wink.png

43104_7-18-09_new_coop.jpg

I'm in southwestern ct, Suzy Snowflake has been having a good time at our expense! Though I must admit, it sure is pretty. (but getting harder on the old back!)

51523_downsized_0112111044.jpg

51523_dsc02609.jpg

51523_dsc02608.jpg

and, just to remind us that this winter wonderland won't last forever.......the very last basketful from last summer
clap.gif

51523_basketful_of_warmth.jpg

Quote:
AWESOME pics! Love the dog photo!!!

Thanks, that's Gracie - she's the only one here who didn't have one bad thought about the snow - she LOVES it!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom