**Digging my way to the coop. GOT SNOW?**

Do you shovel for your chickens?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, no. It'll melt & they can play charades until then.

• Sometimes, depends how deep it is.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It doesn't snow where I live. (lucky you!)

• Total voters
74542_drivewaysnow.jpg

Hi! We got almost a foot here in NY. So spent the day shoveling to the coop too. We were supposed to get almost 2 feet, but it wasnt as bad as they said thankfully!!

We've got about 24" out there right now... this photo is the day before Thanksgiving... its a lot more 'white' right now!
48894_img_20101124_122010.jpg

Quote:
Hey, welcome to BYC!! Where are you in CT? Advil is barely taking the edge off all of tonight's aches and pains from snow removal today, tomorrow doesn't seem to promising if I'm a hurtin' unit tonight!
You'll love it here on BYC, welcome aboard!

Thank you...I already do love it here....so much great information and talented chicken keepers!! I hear you on the Advil...more than one was called for tonight as there will be more shoveling tomorrow. My poor husband is out there again as I type clearing the driveway yet again. I live in Rockville... I tried to post some pictures of the coop covered in snow but I guess newbies like me aren't allowed due to spam concerns. Still trying to figure out how to post them anyway. I'm just glad I'm not the only one pulling muscles digging the girls out
smile.png
Thank you for the welcome!

My birds don't seem to mind the cold. We've only had a couple inches here so far
fl.gif
but the wind chill is taking it down to -10 tonite
th.gif

I have one, my EE hen who will wade in the drinking water no matter what the temps. I pour hot water on it daily to melt it, cuz temporarily they are in a place I can't get electricity to. I had to move to a place I couldn't keep them and have them out in a friends horse pasture. But I will soon be in a place I can have all my animals together and properly housed. FINALLY!
wee.gif

Quote:
Hey, welcome to BYC!! Where are you in CT? Advil is barely taking the edge off all of tonight's aches and pains from snow removal today, tomorrow doesn't seem to promising if I'm a hurtin' unit tonight!
You'll love it here on BYC, welcome aboard!

Thank you...I already do love it here....so much great information and talented chicken keepers!! I hear you on the Advil...more than one was called for tonight as there will be more shoveling tomorrow. My poor husband is out there again as I type clearing the driveway yet again. I live in Rockville... I tried to post some pictures of the coop covered in snow but I guess newbies like me aren't allowed due to spam concerns. Still trying to figure out how to post them anyway. I'm just glad I'm not the only one pulling muscles digging the girls out
smile.png
Thank you for the welcome!

You certainly CAN post pictures on here. I can suggest this link to you to learn how: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=504
AND
when you have some time, go to the Index and look through the "Frequently Asked questions" area. There's a TON of really useful stuff there for all of us!

adozenirlz your pictures especially the night one are magnificent. only once in my life (when i was 8 years old ,am 32 now)we had snow cover of around half a meter that lasted for a month ussually it snows during the night once or twice a year and the snow melts by the next day. i know that snow can be hard to deall with but the place you live in the winter looks like magic to me.

Back
Top Bottom