**Digging my way to the coop. GOT SNOW?**

Do you shovel for your chickens?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, no. It'll melt & they can play charades until then.

• Sometimes, depends how deep it is.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It doesn't snow where I live. (lucky you!)

• Total voters

ADozenGirlz

The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png
10 Years
Oct 18, 2009
Connecticut
We've gotten over two feet of snow here in Northern Connecticut within the past 14 hours. It's pretty, but it's definitely an effort to get to the chicken coop today!
The girls want nothing to do with it either; unless I keep the covered run raked and hide the snow that has blown into it, they will NOT leave the coop. Prima donnas!
This is how I spent a good portion of my day: (Advil, here I come!)

43104_1-12-11_snow_storm_2.jpg

43104_1-12-11_snow_storm.jpg

43104_1-12-11_snow_storm_4.jpg

43104_1-12-11_snowy_coop_at_night.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I overheard one of the select few on the roost in the run mutter something like "sucker."

Last edited:
we got alot over here too!!! husband is still snow plowing the drive way. he still has to do the chicken coop path and a path to the oil (on the side of the house) for a fill tomorrow! stay warm!!
smile.png

Quote:
Where are you in CT ? I'm in Suffield. Got any pics you can share of your coop today? Would love to see them!

It's still snowing here and approaching two feet. I had to shovel my way to the coop this morning too. The snow was already to my knees early in the morning. Someone on this forum has a picture of a snow chicken. Does anyone remember who it is. I'd like to look at it again so I can attempt to recreate it here in New Hampshire.

Peggy watching the snow fall from the comfort of the coop
68928_peggy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom