diiiiis-gusting....

EW!! That happened in my office building (before I started there) when a rat died in the dropped ceiling. I won't go into the details but I've heard it was n-a-s-t-y.

sickbyc.gif

Ewww, squished mouse!

Quote:
Yes, house mousies are very cute! However, the resultant mess is totally unbelievable!
We used the plastic live traps and relocated many of them. It was an ongoing battle.
We don't like to kill things, but if I had only known................They ate anything that wasn't in a plastic container.
DH got me a set of cookware for my birthday. MagnaLite, very nice!
Stored under the cabinet, and since I was still using my old pots and pans, I wasn't taking them in and out of the cabinet.
I needed one of the pans, so I took it out and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The aluminum was pitted where the CUTE LITTLE HOUSE MOUSIES had left droppings and urine. Every single lid!
BATTLE ON!!!!!!
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

We tried glue traps, electric traps and the ever tried and true snap traps.
We could NOT get rid of them, I think there may have been a bazillion or so.
16 acres, they had to try to live in the house??!!

To anyone that has house mice, good luck! Andddddddddd........THERE IS NEVER JUST ONE!

I just had to save one from my kitty last week. We were having a battle of who was going to catch this mouse..Him or me...(i didnt want him to get it and eat it and get sick..plus i felt bad for the little mouse
hide.gif
) SO.. Him and i were chasing mousie around and around the bathroom..i finally gave up, the thing was fast! and it kept jumping up at me when i had it cornered!
hide.gif
I stepped aside and in 1 second he had him in his mouth..SO..then i had to catch the cat! THen i grabbed a hand towl to grab the mouse out of his mouth..the cat was growling at me because i was taking away his prize...
hmm.png
*sigh* My husband said i should have let him have it so he keeps catching them.. I feel bad for them though...
roll.png

Welllll this just sets up what happened at my house at 3am!

Sasha-(7 month old husky) growling at Cookie my 8 year old cat

Me-Sasha, lay down, leave Cookie alone

Cookie- hissing at Sasha

Sasha-more growling

Lady-(almost 3 mo. old Great Py) bark bark bark

Me-SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!!

Hubby-knocked out cold

Fiona-(2 year old Border Collie) bark, growl, bark, growl

Cookie-hiss, spit, hiss, spit

Me-elbow hubby and tell him to take care of HIS dog (Sasha) that started it all. (LOL)

Hubby-stumbles out of bed half asleep to drag Sasha to her crate, falls back into bed (doesn't remember anything this morning)

Me-starts to fall asleep

Fiona and Cookie barking and hissing and spitting.

Me-throw back the blankets, screaming like a maniac, hit the lights to find the dog and cat fighting over a now dead mouse. Yells at hubby to wake up.

Hubby-ZzZzZz

Me-Oh for Pete's sake, give me that! (removing said mouse from dog's mouse, tossing into the trash, throwing trash can out the back door, washing hands, washing hands again, and again, stomping back into bed....grumbling)

Me-finally falling asleep at 6am

Alarm clock goes off at 6:15am!

Ahhh... mice in the house. I am in the midst of on ongoing battle myownself. The current count is:
human-5
cats-0
mice-0 (actually negative numbers, I guess, since I am smushing their little heads )
Sometimes it stinks to live in the middle of a pasture.

Our first mouse experience was about a year ago. Max the Mighty Hunter kitty had more or less scared the little buggers away with his ferocious presence. I was getting pretty secure in our mouse-less existence. Almost smug even... until one morning about 2am when I woke up to strange kitty noises coming from the bathroom. Hmmmmm. I stumbled out of bed (not at my coherent best at that time of day) and managed to get shoes on (because as we all know having shoes on protects you from the ferocious little beasts). I flipped the light on (imposing in my nightgown and tennis shoes) and jumped out of the way. Max the Cat was chasing a mouse from corner to corner. EEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! I hollered for my imaginary DH, then cursed once again my bad dating luck. Yet another project I was going to have to tackle myself. My first inclination was to turn the light off and let Max have his fun. He's an indoor cat and just lives for these moments. But Max has the disconcerting habit of bringing me his "kills". Normally these consist of slaughtered pony tail holders and twist ties, but I could totally see him messing with this mouse and then dropping a really annoyed (not dead) mouse up on the bed with me. At this point in his life Max have not actually ever killed anything. I didn't so much trust him. I was going to have to Take Care of the Mouse. Sigh.
My first thought was to get the shop vac out and suck the little devil up for future wild release. (Please note above comment about not being terribly coherent in the middle of the night.) In case you were wondering, a shop vac in the midst of a mouse battle does NOT suck up the mouse. They are quick little buggers. All it does is scare the willies out of the cat and wake up the dogs. The mouse did run under the upstairs door though and, I thought, make his escape to the outside world where he could amuse his mousie friends with tales of the crazy lady in the farmhouse. Not so. An hour later he was back and this time came to an unfortunate end. Max the Cat was clearly disgusted with my handling of the situation and he killed it before I could get out of bed.

Max has gotten faster at just killing them, although he does show a bizarre tendency to take them to the bathtub for his own personal mousie NASCAR event. He sits in the middle of the tub and occasionally swats at the mouse as it runs laps around the tub. If only he had a beer in his hands and screamed "Whoooooohooooooo"...

Back
Top Bottom