Dilemma About An Outdoor Cat Hanging Around My House..

Quote:
http://bestsmileys.com/notlistening/2.gif

Ignore me all you want. That'll just make it more fun when it happens.
tongue2.gif

Thought I was going to have an opening in Chez Impy Kitty. Last night Blimp's mom Cleo didn't show up for dinner, so yeah I was out in the dark & rain, with a flashlight, looking for a small feral black cat. (Like that was gonna be successful
roll.png
)
She also wasn't around when I got up this morning.
sad.png
So I rang the cat dinner bell. She showed up a few minutes later. Whew! Funny how attached you can get to the little buggers.

Imp- And yes I have an iron triangle dinner bell, for the cats.

Quote:
My mother still gives me grief for the time I went searching for Fagin, the B/W tuxedo kitty. It was around midnight, I was in a dark hoodie, a black knit hat, jeans and I had a shotgun (due to the prevalence of coyotes). I had climbed over the neighbor's fence into the land behind my house to search. She seemed to think I should have just left him out there for the coyotes to eat.
roll.png

The bad news is that I didn't find him. The good news is that he came trotting home the next morning. And no one called the sheriff about the old lady thug walking the countryside.

smile.png

Quote:
Ignore me all you want. That'll just make it more fun when it happens.
tongue2.gif

Thought I was going to have an opening in Chez Impy Kitty. Last night Blimp's mom Cleo didn't show up for dinner, so yeah I was out in the dark & rain, with a flashlight, looking for a small feral black cat. (Like that was gonna be successful
roll.png
)
She also wasn't around when I got up this morning.
sad.png
So I rang the cat dinner bell. She showed up a few minutes later. Whew! Funny how attached you can get to the little buggers.

Imp- And yes I have an iron triangle dinner bell, for the cats.

Glad the kitty came home!
smile.png

And i CAN sooo picture you ringing that bell!
lau.gif

Quote:
My mother still gives me grief for the time I went searching for Fagin, the B/W tuxedo kitty. It was around midnight, I was in a dark hoodie, a black knit hat, jeans and I had a shotgun (due to the prevalence of coyotes). I had climbed over the neighbor's fence into the land behind my house to search. She seemed to think I should have just left him out there for the coyotes to eat.
roll.png

The bad news is that I didn't find him. The good news is that he came trotting home the next morning. And no one called the sheriff about the old lady thug walking the countryside.

smile.png

I can picture this too!
I love my nutty friends!
gig.gif
love.gif

We have an outdoor cat that adopted us a few years ago. All of our cats except the oldest one, Kahli, adopted us (we have 5). Stub (has an amputated half-tail) doesn't get along with all of our indoor cats, so he remains outdoors, which he seems to prefer. We have a shed that holds my husband's material for work (paint, etc) and we have a heater in there so it doesn't freeze. We put a cat door in so he has a warm space during the winter, and he has a lava-lamp for light.
lol.png

Stub has lived here about 5 years, and he's more appreciative for the attention and food than any of our indoor cats.
smile.png

Oh - and Stub may be an unusual cat, but if we feed/take care of any animal (wild birds, chickens, etc), Stub will not stalk/eat them. He seems to know that they are important to us. How, I don't know. He has brought home a rabbit larger than he is, has left a half-eaten squirrel on our deck, but does not even act tempted by the wild birds at my feeders or the chicks when we first got them. He will go down to the chicken pen with us and hang out when we feed them, but he isn't aggressive at all. He will stalk birds in my in-law's lawn. Go figure!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
You know it..
*but dont give me the gun, cause i'm a clutz and trip a lot...*

Quote:
Stub sounds awesome!!
cool.png

This one here hasnt been around for 2 days now....
So. its either a good thing...(he went home), or he got eaten.
sad.png

I'm keeping an eye out for him though!

Back
Top Bottom