Direct Dosage for liquid Corid?

chickfused

Songster
Aug 1, 2021
I imagine that someday, I will have to treat my chickens for coccidia. They free range though, I don't even have a run for them. However, I can probably manage to dose up each them with a syringe directly for the 5-7 days of treatment though none of us will like it. What's the dosage for chickens of straight Corid liquid?

Thank you for the help. Typically the chickens drink from the bushes, the trees, the downspouts, the creek, the puddles, the garden irrigation, or by simply eating a ton of fruit. I literally cannot control their water or food intake with the facilities I have available to me.

Thank you for the help. Typically the chickens drink from the bushes, the trees, the downspouts, the creek, the puddles, the garden irrigation, or by simply eating a ton of fruit. I literally cannot control their water or food intake with the facilities I have available to me.
I'm anxious to hear if this works, but not hopeful (not that this matter, I am just voicing my thoughts 😊) Anytime I've administered a direct drench, it's given along with the flock ONLY having access to Corid treated water. The instances involved a death of a flockmate with same signs, the chick being REALLY unwell at the start of treatment or not bouncing back as quickly as the others, in order to give them an extra boost. I wonder if the half life of Corid has anything to do with the directions saying to make sure they ONLY drink this water. Please update this thread if this happens. I really hope you don't run into this because that's an awful thing for chickens to endure.

I don't have anyone sick right now (well, I do, but it's a chick and I have a brooder they're still in so I can control their water), this was more to tuck away in case of future need. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom