Disabled chick

GunnErDown

Hatching
Jun 8, 2023
Hi everyone! we just hatched a silkie chick who we could see in the incubator was having a tough time, we didn't know the extent of it until we pulled him/her out. Now I have her in her own area as she was getting ran over. It seems like one of her legs didn't set right/ isn't placed correctly? she ends up dragging her left leg. when I hold her I know she can move her toes and has muscle in there... my boyfriend says just to Yano end the struggle but I just can't think to do that!
Does anyone have any ideas how I can maybe strengthen, get her to hold her foot propery/ have an idea how to help her get around as she just drags her self..
Our preschool class is pretty sad to see her struggle .
Thanks!

Can you get pictures?
When hatching chicks, you always need to be prepared to put down a malformed of sickly chick. It's not pleasant but it's often the best thing

Can you get pictures?
When hatching chicks, you always need to be prepared to put down a malformed of sickly chick. It's not pleasant but it's often the best thing
yes I can! we are currently gonna try the "cup method" for these two days as long as she can live, but it sounds possible. ill get some pictures soon.

Back
Top Bottom