Disabled chicken laying eggs?

Thats perfect! I might find a way to attach her food and water to that, maybe she would be more interested in staying in there. I see the egg issue, I wonder if you can wrap them the same way you would for splay leg so that she will hold her legs right? @Overo Mare @Wyorp Rock do you think wrapping her legs is a good idea?
I think if wrapping works, then once she gets her legs under her she will find it much easier to use the walker. Great job on that build!
She's able to get around on her own accord if I'm reading the OP's comments correctly, why would you hobble a disabled chicken and limit mobility even further?
The leg is deformed, it can't be corrected. The OP already said Twisted Tibia that = leg bone deformity. Sorry, bad idea to wrap the legs.

If she's not staying in the "chair" now, then adding feed/water is not going to entice her to stay in it. Sometimes things are best left alone - if the pullet has made it this far, then the OP is taking good care of her.

Whether she will be able to lay eggs --- have to wait and see. There may be other issues that go along with the leg.

our disabled EE...she mainly uses her good leg to hop around and just the other to lean on. She can get in/out of coop and has been eating and drinking on her own just fine. When she lays down the leg goes to the side kinda funky still..,she just hit 6mo old...hoping for an egg any week now

Attachments

• 99F48295-2B74-4E0F-B29C-979B52639D98.jpeg
    99F48295-2B74-4E0F-B29C-979B52639D98.jpeg
    924.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 89189358-786A-4B17-B94A-FEFD221B767B.jpeg
    89189358-786A-4B17-B94A-FEFD221B767B.jpeg
    854.6 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom