Disappearing ducks :(

Go creaturelife! I can't stand rude neighbors, many people are nice enough but to me not being responsible for your dog is rude (letting it run amock, in the streets, kill poultry, and bark all day!) I think its great that you let them know before calling the pound, in case they didn't know their dogs killed or got in your yard!

I saw my neighbors lab dragging a Pekin down the street a few years ago. It happens. Labs are duck dogs.

Trained duck dogs won't hurt or eat the duck though. They bring it back.... haha wonder if someone found a creative way to steal your ducks ;) Go Fetch Roofus!

Funny post.
yuckyuck.gif

Fense them in. They are easy targets cause they do not to and the chickens will fly and run and hide. We use electric fense- er until it broke- but kept the neighbors dog and coons out. Gotta be a big animal to take a pekin- also dont forget coyotes! Had one kill a 14lb goose.
Or invest in a livestock guardian- a dog.

i had a live stock guard dog one time he was big he would alway stop barking when i said stop but i dont have him any more my aunt does now he is with her sheep i wish i could had keeped him but i have moved around alot now i found a place i like and i can all the ducks geese chickens and potbelly pigs i want and i m getting a goat cant wait

If you invest in a "livestock guardian" make sure he won't eat your livestock ;) I'm worried how mine will react when we get poultry

I have had the same thing happen with 4 khaki campbells and a drake, 6 weeks ago and again 2 days ago with another drake missing. No feathers, no sign of struggle. We have had foxes before and they make a mess. I'm just as baffled as you.

my poor ducks Taffy and Della both went missing different nights about almost a week apart. there was no sight of feathers at all. and we have never seen a fox where we live. I dont know what to do. I love my sweet little angles.

Back
Top Bottom