Disappointed in Hatching eggs I bought, should I or shouldn't I

This is such a great template for feedback. Thank you!
You bet!
highfive.gif

I thought I would give you an update.  I emailed her last night and she wrote back this morning.   This is what she wrote, " I actually just gave them a fluffy butt feather trim which helps with fertility. I’m happy to get you some additional eggs."  I'm so glad I used your script and I will hopefully get some chicks out of the next batch.  I'm going to ask if I can pick them up once my incubator is clear.  I don't want to stop in the middle of incubation.  Thanks again for all the advice.  

Glad to hear you got it resolved favorably. I hate it when I have things hanging over me.

Update. SO the good news is all 6 eggs hatched, the bad news is I have a few chicks that are supposed to be pure bred but I have some doubts. One chick came from blue egg maked cream legbar but when it hatched, it looked nothing like a cream legbar. I posted the photo of the chick in a cream legbar thread and no one thought it was pure. Its black with a white dot on the head. I will attach a photo of the chick. The lemon cuckoo niederrheiner was the breed I really wanted and only two hatched. I'm thinking they're not pure either because they have feathers down their legs. The breeder did give me 9 extra eggs and I picked them up today. Again I am very dissapointed in the quailty. I think the eggs are porous and I will attach some photos so you can also see what i'm talking about. I think I will just sum this up as a bad experience and not do business with her again. Hopefully some of the new eggs will hatch and they turn out to be pure.

Seriously?!!!!
somad.gif

Look at those dirty eggs! Who would sell or even give away hatching eggs in that condition?

Definitely, I would not go back there either.

Nope, not any CLB I have ever seen.
hmm.png

Makes me mad as heck when people lie about their breeds being pure. That's called bait and switch!

Even though I wouldn't get anything else from them even for free.... I would still let them know their birds are mix breeds and they are being misleading. Want me to come up with a letter for that to?
big_smile.png

I haven't candled my eggs for porousness yet as I just tried a simple collect and hatch for my first time. But it is my understanding that it has definite impact on hatchablity.

Did you happen to see any of their parent stock?

Seriously?!!!!
somad.gif

Look at those dirty eggs! Who would sell or even give away hatching eggs in that condition?

Definitely, I would not go back there either.

Nope, not any CLB I have ever seen.
hmm.png

Makes me mad as heck when people lie about their breeds being pure. That's called bait and switch!

Even though I wouldn't get anything else from them even for free.... I would still let them know their birds are mix breeds and they are being misleading. Want me to come up with a letter for that to?
big_smile.png

I haven't candled my eggs for porousness yet as I just tried a simple collect and hatch for my first time. But it is my understanding that it has definite impact on hatchablity.

Did you happen to see any of their parent stock?
She did show me the parents the first time but honestly I didn't get a good look. There was 10+ chickens in a tiny chicken coop. We mostly walked by all her coops and she just pointed out what she put in my egg cartons. I'm definitely not going to buy from her again. I just feel bad for anyone who buys from her. I have seen her advertise on BYC, EBay, and craigslist. A small part of me wants to warn others but I don’t want any confrontation. Hopefully it was just an issue with me and she is good to her other customers. I have a feeling she gave me her oldest and worst looking eggs. I don’t think she was happy that I emailed her about the issues.

She did show me the parents the first time but honestly I didn't get a good look.  There was 10+ chickens in a tiny chicken coop.  We mostly walked by all her coops and she just pointed out what she put in my egg cartons.   I'm definitely not going to buy from her again.  I just feel bad for anyone who buys from her.  I have seen her advertise on BYC, EBay, and craigslist.  A small part of me wants to warn others but I don’t want any confrontation.  Hopefully it was just an issue with me and she is good to her other customers.  I have a feeling she gave me her oldest and worst looking eggs.  I don’t think she was happy that I emailed her about the issues. 

That right there is a sign of a bad seller. A good seller would want the feedback, especially if there was a problem so that they could correct it. The last thing I would want is to unknowingly provide less than adequate product/service and would strive to right a unsatisfactory situation.

She did show me the parents the first time but honestly I didn't get a good look. There was 10+ chickens in a tiny chicken coop. We mostly walked by all her coops and she just pointed out what she put in my egg cartons. I'm definitely not going to buy from her again. I just feel bad for anyone who buys from her. I have seen her advertise on BYC, EBay, and craigslist. A small part of me wants to warn others but I don’t want any confrontation. Hopefully it was just an issue with me and she is good to her other customers. I have a feeling she gave me her oldest and worst looking eggs. I don’t think she was happy that I emailed her about the issues.
I probably wouldn't want a confrontation here on BYC...

But you better believe I would flag their ad every time I saw it on CL. They are lying about their breed.

I was taken for $20 per chick by someone lying about their breed. Losers, I tell you! They still do it all the time. I just flag their ad... though because I have contacted them regarding the issue, I have considered pressing charges because they are doing bait a switch. I also feel bad for anyone who buys from them. But it was a $60 lesson. I don't expect anyone who bought from them to get the breeds they paid for. And I did see their set up, but I didn't have the understanding I have now. Decided not to involve the authorities because ultimately life is to short. Many more will be taken by them. But I doubt they will have many repeat customers.

However... if I saw someone on BYC thinking about buying from them, I might send a private message and reveal my experience.... Actually, I don't know I might even openly let them know I was dissatisfied... if the seller can't deal with it, they shouldn't sell or they should tell the truth that they are selling mixed breeds! And then if they tried harassing me here, I would use that nifty little block member button.
hmm.png
Hard call! I can't stand liars and thieves and to me they (this seller) is both.

Anyways moving on... I hope what you got at least hatches the breed you were hoping for.
fl.gif

I once bought a bunch of eggs on eBay with PayPal . They arrived and were a disaster . they were very old and it was a mess. pictures were taken including the box and the shipping labels. we contacted eBay and got a refund for the amount of the eggs because we had pictures.
just a thought ,
Karen

I feel your pain eggsighted4life .
I was once taken for $15 each for 10 rare chicks plus shipping . I grew them out every single one was defective. I gave them away.

Last edited:
I agree with eggsighted. those eggs are awful .I would demand a refund. complete refund especially since the chicks that hatched aren't what you bought. Wow, you got hosed. Welcome to the club.
Best,
Karen

Back
Top Bottom