Disappointed with eggs recieved *seller to fix*a less happy update*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilys3guppies

Songster
Jun 1, 2009
Toronto
I had ordered a dozen golden manchurian eggs that were shipped yesterday and arrived today. Excited to open...but my spirits instantly sunk when I saw that the seller packaged in a plastic berry container, inside a cardboard box. Only a little cotton and a quail carton on the bottom. All the eggs piled up to one corner of the container and out of 15 eggs there were only 3 intact.

broke.jpg

*sniff*

It was my last chance to hatch between now and possibly the new year cause we'll be busy with weddings, vacations and other stuff. I wanted more babies!!
sad.png

Last edited:
I truly hope that these did not come from a BYCer.

This definitely qualifies in the top 5 of WORST packing jobs ever.

Be sure to get a refund INCLUDING shipping. You shouldnt pay for shipping that mess.

I am so sorry!
hugs.gif

I would contact the person you got the eggs from and see what they will do for you as it was there packing job that was the problom. If they do not make it right then and only then would I post on here who you got the eggs from to save some one else from haveing to same thing happen to them.

I hope they make this right for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be waiting to see what happens.

yuck what a mess, I have gotten eggs in the past like that and it is so disappointing to open and deal with

Well, I e-mailed the seller (who is not on BYC) and he got back to me right away with an apology. He is going to replace the eggs free of charge and cover shipping too.

He admitted to being new to shipping eggs and was wondering if I had any tips...I didn't as I don't ship eggs but thought maybe you folks might? The one other time I had eggs shipped to me they were individually wrapped in kleenex and cushioned between layers with soft hay.

If I can talk DH into helping a little then I think I'll be able to get another hatch in.
smile.png

Well, I e-mailed the seller (who is not on BYC) and he got back to me right away with an apology. He is going to replace the eggs free of charge and cover shipping too.

He admitted to being new to shipping eggs and was wondering if I had any tips...I didn't as I don't ship eggs but thought maybe you folks might? The one other time I had eggs shipped to me they were individually wrapped in kleenex and cushioned between layers with soft hay.

If I can talk DH into helping a little then I think I'll be able to get another hatch in.
smile.png

Thats good,a good tip is to wrap each egg carefully in bubble wrap,put them tightly(not to tight!)in a egg carton put rubber bands around it,and put it in a small box with some tipe of material around it like chunks of styrofoam.

Do a search on here for bubble wrap. There is a great thread on shipping eggs. I think it was called "bubble wrap or not".

Bubble wrapping quail eggs individually is hard and far too time consuming but if you have no trays or cartons it's pretty much the only option. If they can get cartons then pack the cartons with something so the eggs are tight. I know I've packed mine tight enough when I'm worried that I'm going to crush one while closing the carton. Some use sawdust, some use shredded paper, doesn't really matter so long as they are tight and they cannot touch each other. Then pad the box so the carton cannot move and often times I wrap the carton in bubble wrap. The other method I've used with button eggs is to individually roll each one in a strip of papertowel, put a little bit of tape over the fold so they don't slip out of it, set them in a tray, then run strips of tape across each row of the tray so the eggs are held in place securely but the tape is not on the egg. That way the person who gets them can cut the tape and slip each one out of the papertowel. I then usually wrap the tray in bubble wrap and pad it in the middle of the box with balled up newspaper.

The key is eggs should not move or come in contact with each other. If they can wiggle in the carton or other container then padding the outside of the container does no good. They will either break on each other or the contents will scramble. I've gotten plenty of eggs that weren't broken but were allowed to move around in the box and they are always scrambled. Eggs cannot move in ship in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom