discharge out of chihuahuas nipples

Haha yeah I knew rectal I meant like how far in. Ok, I will have to get another thermometer I only have one for myself right now. Ill get another in the next couple days and keep an eye on it. Thank you!

The dog should be spayed. At 3-4 pounds she is at very high risk even being pregnant with one pup. Small dogs 9 times out of 10 require c-sections and you can lose multiple puppies as well as the mother.
If you would have asked "Why did you choose not to spay your dog?" instead of judging and jumping to conclusions, I would have told you that she has a level III heart murmur. Anestesia can KILL her. So yeah, she should be spayed but unfortunately she can't be. So please, keep your judgements to yourself and maybe next time before jumping on someone for not following what YOU believe, get some background and give people the benefit of the doubt. Also, saying 9/10 small dogs need a C-Section is blatantly not true. Although they are at higher risk for needing a C-Section, plenty of small chihuahuas are perfectly capable of giving birth with no complications. Get your facts strait. Luckily it looks like she is not pregnant. During her next heat cycle I will be sure to not let the male near her. It was an accident...accidents happen.

Last edited:
I have 20+ years of experience working with animals. It was not jumping to conclusions, it's seeing countless people lose their small breed dogs because they don't spay. I have a 4 pound Chihuahua with a grade 3 heart murmur as well and she has had surgeries with zero issues. It was not an attack on you, it was just a warning so you don't lose your dog the way many people do.
Hear murmurs are all different. It was determined by 3 different vets at 3 months of age that going under anesthesia can be deadly for her. Just because your chihuahua can handle surgery doesn't mean mine can.

How do I take her temp?
You lubricate a thermometer and insert it in the rectum. My guess is that she is having a false pregnancy. My mother's little dog had them frequently. She would collect her toys and pretend they were puppies.

If you would have asked "Why did you choose not to spay your dog?" instead of judging and jumping to conclusions, I would have told you that she has a level III heart murmur. Anestesia can KILL her. So yeah, she should be spayed but unfortunately she can't be. So please, keep your judgements to yourself and maybe next time before jumping on someone for not following what YOU believe, get some background and give people the benefit of the doubt. Also, saying 9/10 small dogs need a C-Section is blatantly not true. Although they are at higher risk for needing a C-Section, plenty of small chihuahuas are perfectly capable of giving birth with no complications. Get your facts strait. Luckily it looks like she is not pregnant. During her next heat cycle I will be sure to not let the male near her. It was an accident...accidents happen.
You think it was an accident. She did it on purpose. There are some doggie diapers available. You might try using them next time she comes in heat. They will greatly reduce the probability of "accidents".

You think it was an accident. She did it on purpose. There are some doggie diapers available. You might try using them next time she comes in heat. They will greatly reduce the probability of "accidents".
When I say accident I meant it as in they accidentally had contact with each other. I separate them when she is in heat. There was a loose crate latch and he got out. She does wear the diapers I guess he pulled it off somehow

When I say accident I meant it as in they accidentally had contact with each other. I separate them when she is in heat. There was a loose crate latch and he got out. She does wear the diapers I guess he pulled it off somehow
I knew what you meant. Having raised livestock as many years as I have, I have come across my fair share of "accidents". Do check out the diapers. I found them when my little dog Sammy had stroke or seizure and he was incontinent for a period of time. I was amazed at the variety. Some are for males and some are for females. Some are disposable and some are reusable and washable. For these you put a sanitary napkin inside. They come in a variety of colors and I found some really cute ones for females that have ruffles.

Back
Top Bottom