Discovered:60+ Cockfighting Roosters-CAGED. What should I do?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I live in California, San Fernando Valley. Right...I see. But when it rains how are they suppose to shield themselves from the downpour? Right now outside, it's 45 degrees. It's really cold for them to have to endure that.

Quote:
Yeah, it's alright. I know were your coming from. He just said when they fight; he was speaking in general about them fighting. It was his word choice but he meant that they fought them. He also said people rent their game roosters. (?)

Mine too. I've seen my roosters go at with each other. I know how they are when they see one another.
Okay thanks, I will make sure that I'm 120% correct before I decide what to do tomorrow or the weeks to come.
Unfortunately, I'm going to make that decision. I can't let them do this without any consequences.

You don't know what he meant...you only know what he said. Unless he says "We fight them" then he has not told you anything. You can rent out roosters for breeding.

Quote:
I live in California, San Fernando Valley. Right...I see. But when it rains how are they suppose to shield themselves from the downpour? Right now outside, it's 45 degrees. It's really cold for them to have to endure that.

If the birds are in good feather and properly fed, then 45 degrees F and rain will not pose a problem. Mine rountinely tolerate much colder (< 10 degrees F) and sometime as low a -15 F for short periods under blizzard conditions. Some of those same birds roost according to their preferance exposed in trees. Problem is when it gets hot quickly which is why many people keep their birds in those "open" pens to promote ventilation.

Hey
Can I suggest that you go to the gamefowl thread on here? It explains a lot about keeping game birds and makes a lot of what they do make more sense. It helped me learn a lot about the birds. THey are very different from other chickens and are very cool. Before I knew anything about the game breeds it bothered me a lot the way they were kept...but I was looking at it from a people point of view. It is not inhumane...now I am not saying there are not some people who are terrible bird owners and should be turned in. I am just asking that you make sure you have facts, not your opinions, on what is happening. I am pretty sure if they were guilty of what you are thinking you would not have been invited in to see them whether you are Mexican or not. Oh, and there are feral chickens that roost in the trees here where I live and sometimes it gets down to 17 here in the winter. They are pretty tough although it bothers me too!

Last edited:
My Friend, you do realize that animal control is closely knitted in most areas with animal rights people, don`t you? Do you know what happens when these people converge on a suspected cocker. All the birds are confiscated, hens, cocks, chicks, heck, there are stories in news print in FL that show animal control/rights people confiscating turkeys, and ducks from a "cockfighting" raid. You don`t think these goodhearted folks are going to find new homes for these animals, do you? Not on your life. They euthanize all of them. They kill the mans birds that he has poured years of love, work, and money into. Didn`t you get the feeling from your visit that the guy really likes his birds. You really don`t want to take his birds and kill them all, do you? Animal rights people think gamefowl are not suitable to live with other chickens anywhere, so they must be destroyed. What good is that? Leave the guy and his birds alone, or better yet, get to know him and understand the passion that gamefowl breeders have for their birds. That`s where the real humanity is.......Pop

Sometimes, there is a lot to be said for minding one's own business.

Rufus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom