Discovered:60+ Cockfighting Roosters-CAGED. What should I do?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to be a smart butt...but did he say when they fight or did he say when we fight them? My shamo has gotten into fights with another rooster...that's what he does if I am not careful to keep him separated. I guess what I am saying is make VERY sure your info is correct. You can ruin those people's lives and if they are NOT fighting them then that would be horrible. Most times the birds are put down instead of rehomed. Just be very sure of your facts.
sharon
ETA: are you underage? If so it would be best if you talk to your parents and let them deal with this.

Last edited:
consciousvoice63,

What part of country are you in? For many chickens it is heat, not cold or rain that is biggest stressor. The isolation of roosters can also be used to control who mates with who and prevent damage to feathers.

Quote:
They do not have to be fighting chickens for fighting to be a problem. I separate my American dominiques (non-fighting breed) to protect feathering and combs so they can be shown without being all dinged up.

60+ and if he is fighting them he isn't very serious about it. I used to keep 300+ for sale all the time when I raised them.
I think if I were you I would just keep quiet and stay away. There are a few crazy people in this world that don't like people prying in their business. But you are also free to do as you please.

Quote:
x2
hmm.png

I worked for a older man who had 75+ birds. He took better care of them than most ppl care for their own family members. His birds were show birds. He kept them in cages and tie cords.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, it's alright. I know were your coming from. He just said when they fight; he was speaking in general about them fighting. It was his word choice but he meant that they fought them. He also said people rent their game roosters. (?)

Mine too. I've seen my roosters go at with each other. I know how they are when they see one another.
Okay thanks, I will make sure that I'm 120% correct before I decide what to do tomorrow or the weeks to come.
Unfortunately, I'm going to make that decision. I can't let them do this without any consequences.

Keep yourself safe. If you want to report do not do it right away, that will raise too much concern. You want to be as casual as you can be, do not "befriend" any of them if you are going to call them in. They are armed and "IF" they are raising to fight they will get really mad to know someone turned them in. Seem like you are ok with things but stay away from them then wait at LEAST a month before calling them in and make it anonymously! Stay on your regular schedule with dog walking but DO NOT get close to their property again, they already know you were snooping. And here is maybe a huge tip that they are not fighting....They mentioned knowing an ex-cop as a friend and they took you back to show you everything. Cock fighters would NOT volunteer that to just some kid snooping from the neighbors house...... I would be the same way, AND have done things....Called CPS on the neighbors kids who were locked out of the house for hours b4 their dad came home from work and they lived on the corner of a busy street and would almost get hit by cars daily.....I would sit on it and talk to your parents. And if you really want to call wait at least a month!
smile.png
Be safe and thank ypu for being concerned for Gods creatures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom