Discuss egg buying on BYC versus Ebay

sure you can request a pickup....but if your carrier is like mine you will just have shipped scrambled eggs ...if I take them into the post office myself they dont toss them around.
as to shipping more than one package at a time ....sure if I have more orders going out that day ...but then with eggs you cant wait until you have more orders to ship as everyone want fresh eggs not dead eggs. If you do wait it wont be long before you wont have any to ship out as everyone will quit buying from you.

My only experience with buying shipped eggs is through BYC I will never buy from the seller again. But I will buy my eggs through BYC. I was just unlucky enough to get one of the few sellers who sent poor quality eggs and had terrible communication. Somebody on here gave me a list of sellers with excellent feed back on their eggs. There are going to be good and bad sellers no matter where you go. Word of mouth makes a huge impact on the sellers reputation.

My mail carrier is actually very good with the packages we have picked up, so I guess I'm lucky. If I knew they'd end up scrambled even before any other postal employees got hold of the package, I wouldn't use the carrier pick up. It's always a crap shoot, but why take extra chances.

Carrier pickup can be requested on line anytime up to Midnight Cental time, for pickup the next day. So, if you know you have eggs going out the next day, you can request it for one or multiple packages. There should be no additional waiting involved.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do. Just offering suggestions for saving time and money to those who may not be aware of their options.

smile.png

as to shipping more than one package at a time ....sure if I have more orders going out that day ...but then with eggs you cant wait until you have more orders to ship as everyone want fresh eggs not dead eggs. If you do wait it wont be long before you wont have any to ship out as everyone will quit buying from you.

Well I guess it depends on how many shipments a person makes. Some people will state outright that they ship out on Mondays and Wednesdays or whatever days. I used to sell antique horse tack on Ebay and lots of it. Shipping was the biggest headache part of it, actually it is the main reason I quit doing it. I thought I was going to take a short break from it and that break has turned into years so I guess I am done with it. LOL!!

I have not bought eggs from byc yet...BUT the person that i do buy my eggs from on ebay is a byc member (Marneypoo) ebay name mintujenkins and i have had awesome luck with her (silkies) but one other time i ordered from someone else on there and had a terrible hatch rate 0% and i do pick up my eggs from the post office

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom