Diseases in my flock?

Pics
Oh that sucks, just a quick question with concern for you, are you ok? is your home safe?
ya im fine mother has gotten alot of animals for me a turkey in (sorry just one im trying sooo hard to keep happy) a goat (still need to pick up soon) a pot belly pig (yep alone but the goat is supost to be a friend) and all my chickens. so ya anyway home is safe :thumbsup

that you are on BYC or the things we are saying?
giphy (18).gif

It doesn't matter. Getting upset and flying off the handle at a child who is clearly reaching out for help in a situation where they are not getting any at home isn't helping anyone. Railing against a parent whether they be irresponsible or not does not help the situation either. Asking hostile, prying questions also doesn't contribute to a solution. My god, I'm the most passive aggressive person on this forum and even I don't feel the need to be churlish.

To the OP: As has been said the chicks need more room, period. If you don't have the monetary means of purchasing options for brooders (plastic tubs/totes) and you wouldn't be able to outfit them with heat lamps and chick water fonts and feeders the point is moot.

How many chicks do you currently have left? What breeds are they? What options are available to you in order to spread them out. Current photos of their setup and the setup you have the adults in would be helpful in determining helpful rather than ludicrous solutions.

If no other options are available, I would ask your mother to create an ad on Craigslist to find buyers for enough of the chicks to lighten your load. You are obviously not set up to rear them in numbers that large. I'd advise mom purchase them in smaller quantities or get you set up properly to brood a larger number.

View attachment 2628682
It doesn't matter. Getting upset and flying off the handle at a child who is clearly reaching out for help in a situation where they are not getting any at home isn't helping anyone. Railing against a parent whether they be irresponsible or not does not help the situation either. Asking hostile, prying questions also doesn't contribute to a solution. My god, I'm the most passive aggressive person on this forum and even I don't feel the need to be churlish.

To the OP: As has been said the chicks need more room, period. If you don't have the monetary means of purchasing options for brooders (plastic tubs/totes) and you wouldn't be able to outfit them with heat lamps and chick water fonts and feeders the point is moot.

How many chicks do you currently have left? What breeds are they? What options are available to you in order to spread them out. Current photos of their setup and the setup you have the adults in would be helpful in determining helpful rather than ludicrous solutions.

If no other options are available, I would ask your mother to create an ad on Craigslist to find buyers for enough of the chicks to lighten your load. You are obviously not set up to rear them in numbers that large. I'd advise mom purchase them in smaller quantities or get you set up properly to brood a larger number.
i understand but i dont know how the new owners are gonna treat them and what if the same thing happens again! i would only want them to go through it once.

i understand but i dont know how the new owners are gonna treat them and what if the same thing happens again! i would only want them to go through it once.
State in the ad that you only want experienced poultry keepers to ask for them. Quite frankly, any environment would be better than the one they are currently in provided they have heat, food, and water. So if I had the option of finding them a better home versus allowing them to trample and pick one another to death in a manner that can only be described as slow and painful, I'd look for new homes.

State in the ad that you only want experienced poultry keepers to ask for them. Quite frankly, any environment would be better than the one they are currently in provided they have heat, food, and water. So if I had the option of finding them a better home versus allowing them to trample and pick one another to death in a manner that can only be described as slow and painful, I'd look for new homes.
If it comes to having to get them new homes, then they can be advertised on BYC.

If it comes to having to get them new homes, then they can be advertised on BYC.
Also true. Of course with mom's permission. I know you want to keep them, but it's pretty evident they aren't all going to make it in the current situation. It would be best to find alternative housing solutions, whether that be with you or with another hobbyist.

Back
Top Bottom