Dissapointment

Quote:
I just bought an LG still air--haven't gotten to use it yet, waiting on my eggs to arrive. Just wanted to make sure you know that you can buy an auto. turner and a circulated air fan kit for this bator....just in case you want to try that before buying a whole new set-up.

Better luck on the next batch! I'm getting the impression it's almost a "hit or miss" kinda' thing.
sad.png

The still air LG bators are fine, I use one and get excellent hatch rates with it... I do have the auto turner, try the LG one more time

Quote:
That's the 'bator I have my sights set on.
big_smile.png

I think the eggs were fine, just that mail service that probably treated the box like it was a hockey puck. No eggs were broken, but I'm inferring that they went through a rough ride.

You could also buy a Brower top hatch. THat is what i am eyeballing right now.

Quote:
Yeah ... twice isn't so hot
smile.png

Eggs should be turned an odd number of turns each day, if turning manually. So ..... three, five or seven.

This ensures that they don't always spend the long night on the same side.

bargain wrote:

Ooh....please don't give up....I feel your pain. Last year we had 2 really bad thunderstorms surrounding a tornado and it totally shook the little eggs and nothing nothing nothing. 40 beautiful eggs ....gone.

But try again, you have a beautiful incubator. Hatching is the miracle of watching life unfold....Please please don't loose hope. I'm praying, very seriously, that your heart and soul will be renewed and you will want to hatch some more. Those little eggs need you!

Bear with me a second and I want to show you the front door of a hatch that was 5 days late .......I almost gave up hope on that hatch...

All I know is that I was going to dump them out the day before....My prayers are with you. If you need more eggs, I'll just give some to you, if you pay the shipping. It can my encouragement gift for the Month. Just let me know...Blessings on you.

Thank you so much for the support! I do truly think eggs hatching is a miracle, and to think, just 21 days. So sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

There is no way I'm stopping. Once you dive into the world of chickens, there's no desire to get out.
wink.png

Your chicks are just precious, I might add.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom