Disturbing Health Care Provisions in the new Stimulous Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generics work well for most, but not some. We have had this system for years now in Canada, the generic is given to you and if it doesn't do well for you they then they try the name brand. If even 80% of the people do well on a generic that is less than half the price the system saves huge money. I would not concern yourself with this change, here anyway the people that don't get results with generics just have to report that to their Dr. and they get the name brand. You will not know which you are until you try them out so even if your not having problems with a Rx but your Dr. is not seeing the results he wants in bloodwork or or whatever he may switch you to the name brand just to see if that works better.

Most generics in testing show to be equivalent in over 95% of the population.

Blood Thinners are another one of those drugs where a huge difference between name brand and generic. My mom was taking the generic and the pharmacy stopped providing it because they weren't making any money on the resell of the drug. I asked them about the change over prior to her taking it because I knew it would affect her levels. I was told "It won't change" 2 days into the new drug she was in the emergency room with a nose bleed that wouldn't stop and 5.9 blood level (should be 2.5, which is thin).
sad.png

When she first had stents put in they were experimental and the insurance would/did not want to cover it. The doctor swiftly told the insurance company they could pay for the $50,000 surgery for the stents or they could pay for open chest surgery at the tune of $500,000. They promply decided to pay for the stenting. Now it's not a big surgery and done everyday. She has many many stents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom