diverticulitis

I found out yesterday that I have cancer on my left kidney and can't get it taken out until my diverticulitis is cured. This is why I'm asking for some help from the great folks here on BYC. So any ideas at all would mean alot to me and my family.Thanks for taking the time to read this. BYC is the best!

:( I'm sorry..I wish I could help..I don't know anything about it. Someone here should know something ..here's a bump up.
Stay strong.. :fl. :confused:g

No ideas about diverticulitis but wanted to let you know that my sister had kidney cancer back in '94 when she was 27 years old. One kidney was removed and they found that the cancer had not spread. She did not need chemo or radiation. She has been cancer free since. Heres to hoping that you have the same outcome. I will be thinking about you.

Terri

I would recommend a huge look at your diet. What processed foods can you cut. What healthy foods, especially garlic, could you add. I put garlic especially because it has antibiotic properties and has helped my own tummy issues a ton. Garlic is miracle food in my opinion.

You might try earthclinic.com for some ideas of natural remedies also. Its one of the places I go but I research everything before I try any "cures". Some have worked very very well. I know Aloe juice is one mentioned. Its the only one I remember though. I ran across the Aloe juice reference while looking for something for acid reflux. I have only heard good things about it though from others. Aloe seems to be a pretty safe and mild fix too. My brother used it when he was battling some type of sever bacterial infection in his tummy.

You might also look to accupressure and Jin Shin Jyutsu. I go to a wonderful lady who has helped me so much with these. Many of these encourage and teach self help so they may be able to teach you ways to deal with pain, anxiety, and boost the immune system.

Medicine doesn't really even know for sure what causes it. Maybe ask your doc about taking a doctor recommended probiotic, but otherwise I would be very wary about adding anything, including home remedies, to the diet they've prescribed for you without first checking with your doctor. Many things are contradicted.

My next door neighbor just recently had a resection from it reversed after several months of treatment. Along with the other treatment they rx'd, they gave her a special diet, and increased exercise (after she was up to it).

Hoping others with experience with it come along and also that your doctor can help with questions. Also, there are online forums for it which can be a great source of help.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom