Dixie Chicks

Ducks day 13

@hennible aww good pics.

It's raining here and the dog goes out the doogy door to go potty. He comes back in soaking wet and what's the first thing he does? That's right comes plops down right on me.

Mahen: post some pics. Im 41 out of 67 correct on sex

Bamadude...thank you!!  I read it is clearest at 24 hours...so I will get a good pic then.  It is a bit smaller but looks exactly like the daddy did.  If the one blue orp pullet laid a fertile pullet egg (this one was only 63 grams at setting) that would make sense it was a bit small to breed.   So healthy and active...thinks my hand is mama.  Tractor Supply has chicks in and I can't stand to have this little one alone.  I am going to get some chicks to start a 5 hen flock for a 14 year old helper than comes every couple of weeks to lift things I can't.  I will give the buddy chick to him after he keeps my little darling company a while.  Pictures will eventually follow.  

Last edited:
Mahen: post some pics. Im 41 out of 67 correct on sex

I took some pictures (not too great) of wing feathers with my phone. Got the phone working with internet...tried three different uploads and got error messages it wouldn't upload. I give up. Everything else has gone so right today, I am going to post the pics from CD which is the only workaround I know how to do. If there were a "URL" I could use to upload them from my phone to BYC at ME/BYC/Default album...or some such URL, I could do that, but I dunt know how.
rant.gif

Now it seems that the primaries on the bottom....are longer than the top row.

Edited to add...oh goodie. I figured out the green arrow mystery. There it is!

Last edited:
I am over 200 posts behind. Today is not the day I am catching up. Have a meeting at work this morning. Last meeting I have to attend there!!
big_smile.png
Roads are covered in ice. Can't wait. Last night after feeding the chickens we watched as a tow truck driver had to pull the salt truck out of the ditch across the road from us. Same thing happened last year. Not far from where it was this year. Salt dumped all over the ditch. Makes for tons of deer to visit. LOL!

Today is the day my girl rabbit is suppose to give birth and we do not have a proper pen for her. UGH! I am getting a large tote this morning and transferring her as soon as I get home. Hope it's not too late. I don't even know how to tell if she is pregnant.
idunno.gif
She is not easily handled, but I have felt her belly area and I can't tell any difference. She has not pulled her fur out yet, so maybe she is not pregnant. I don't know.

Well, gotta get moving to work. Have a great day! Frozen here and I will be SO GLAD when summer is here!

Back
Top Bottom