Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

hummm

2. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    i think i have, its probably due to maintenance

3. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Nope. We have the get out of jail free card now...with that better site and all. For any of u that dont know what Im talking about pm me for details

4. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Sour, I think it's fairly recent, the notice thread about it just popped up in the latest threads a few hours earlier today.

Bama, it was delicious, fried to perfection. Perfectly seared on the outside, so tender and juicy that it just dissolves in your mouth, with just the perfect shade of pink inside, and just the tiniest sliver of red in the middle. Fats perfectly dissolved, from letting it thaw out on the counter for twelve hours, so that the meat was completely room temperature by the time I fried it. In other words, a most excellent steak.

5. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    I refuse to cook good steak on anything other than my redneck steak griller. We have a grill pan. It cant come close to making a good steak PERIOD. Imho you just ruined a pretty good looking piece of steak

6. Beer can

Beer can Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Nice vehve, all we have is hotdogs in the fridge.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nothing defrosted and only hotdogs in the refrigerator here. Think that we will go to Chili's.

8. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

A teflon pan would be ruining it. In a grill pan you get a perfectly cooked steak, the texture is the best in that. But I will agree with you, the taste is better when it's grilled with charcoal. And your hillbilly cooking method probably gets the texture pretty much the same as the grill pan does. But I just don't want to heat up the grill in the winter, and I don't have one of those chimney grill starters.

9. Beer can

Beer can Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    I use the cast iron pan sometimes, scorch the crap out of it bloody in the middle. Can only do it when the wife isn't home, gets smokey, even wth the hood fan on. Mmm good.

10. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Beer, do you fry it with oil or butter? I actually prefer canola oil nowadays, and it isn't nearly as smoky with that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by