Dixie Chicks

@Cold Canadian so what did you decide on ripeness of sugar baby melons? I almost picked one today, stem still looks green and healthy so I don't dare.

LOL...looked it up , forgot again ! the little piggy tail needs to be dried and even fallen off as well as right by the stem on the melon there is supposed to be a small .....very small leaf which is supposed to dry up as well ? The rest I remember , yellow bottom etc .............there are so MANY melons ! I'm watering regularly now , things look bigger from day to day .My Georgia Candy Roaster Squash are HUGE as well ? ( strange print is blue ? ) ...................hope they taste as good as they sound

no turkey bacon here :D

so busy trying to tile the bathroom, getting things ready for the hot tub, and a bazillion projects

shower is getting closer to grouting, and a hot shower...garden hose sucks for a shower...least it isnt so cold outside

[@=/u/61005/Cold-Canadian]@Cold Canadian[/@] so what did you decide on ripeness of sugar baby melons? I almost picked one today, stem still looks green and healthy so I don't dare.
LOL...looked it up , forgot again ! the little piggy tail needs to be dried and even fallen off as well as right by the stem on the melon there is supposed to be a small .....very small leaf which is supposed to dry up as well ? The rest I remember , yellow bottom etc .............there are so MANY melons ! I'm watering regularly now , things look bigger from day to day .My Georgia Candy Roaster Squash are HUGE as well ? ( strange print is blue ? ) ...................hope they taste as good as they sound
Blue men are back....... @Amberjem my chickens ate all of our blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes, green peppers, blackberries, squash:th. next year we will have the garden and the chickens fenced in.

Rehomed the latest two roosters last night. Poor pullet I kept is roaming around looking lost. Her "flock" is missing and she has not made friends with any older chickens. Hope she does in time.

My neighbor has a fifty foot trellis/ fence loaded with muscadine grapes. They are beautifully vine- ripened now and sweet. He said they just "rotted and fell off the vine" and I could have all I wanted. I remember picking grapes, and my mother making grapejuice and grape jelly from our muscadines. Does anyone have a recipe for muscadine wine?

Betty

Rehomed the latest two roosters last night. Poor pullet I kept is roaming around looking lost. Her "flock" is missing and she has not made friends with any older chickens. Hope she does in time.

My neighbor has a fifty foot trellis/ fence loaded with muscadine grapes. They are beautifully vine- ripened now and sweet. He said they just "rotted and fell off the vine" and I could have all I wanted. I remember picking grapes, and my mother making grapejuice and grape jelly from our muscadines. Does anyone have a recipe for muscadine wine?

Betty
sounds easy

http://www.fieldandstream.com/node/1005010641

Betty
yumm

Back
Top Bottom