Dixie Chicks

What is the genetics for a cushion could comb? Can a single comb hide in there?

The EE, if he is half barred rock, would carry single comb.

Hummm... or the EE, since he is Dom x EE, the single comb could have snuck over from the EE side.

But where did you get the white? It must be a recessive white?
I got a good look at him today as he annoyed me while I was filling up my horse's water barrel. He has a very pronounced rose comb, so it may be safe to say he's half Dom. I don't know the genetics for cusion comb. The white from the White Chantecler seems to be dominant in the half WC roo. He's mostly white with a few buff feathers. I could separate each roo with the hens to figure out who is producing what. I'll probably never figure out if the full white ones came from my WC roo since he passed away a few weeks ago, but I can try with the other 2.

deb, that is really beautiful!

thank you
big_smile.png

I second that.

Pretty amazng how fast you have learned and improved .

thank you.... I am immersing myself in Youtube video... The hardest part is making my fingers do it...

the black one distracted me from finishing this one which i did just now. The exercise for this one was learning a weave pattern. I used reddish orange wire so I could see it better.

Pretty stunning.

Have you decided how you want to sell these?

Farmers markets? Etsy?

There are annual craft fairs here locally I will check in to those.... As well as Etsy. But before I go on line I want to be able to show a product line.... Things I can do easily and premake up to a point;.

I am also thinking of joining the San Diego Gemological society. I am sure they have events and sources I could spend months digging up.

I really like the idea of working in copper and silver. diametrically opposites in price but equally stunning For the silver I can go with silver filled Thicker layer over copper.

Remember the hearts I did in the colors of wire I have? I just bought a string of beads that would be suitable to do the same to illustrate color... and get practice in working a design that i really like.

deb

Back
Top Bottom