****** DIY chicken feeder pipe! ******

Eating from the bend... I'll think about it, I hope to have some time to work on the coop tomorrow.

Just saw the video. Love it! I have over 50 chickens so I will need several, lol. Gonna start soon as I get home. Thanks!!!

Wow, that's a lot of poop;) I have two girls right now but my family sure love them. I will put up my videos up on what I am doing to water and feed my girls. You will just need to up the amount of feeders and waters:)

I am uploading a video as we speak so I will wait to post it:)

Wow, that's a lot of poop;) I have two girls right now but my family sure love them. I will put up my videos up on what I am doing to water and feed my girls. You will just need to up the amount of feeders and waters:)

I am uploading a video as we speak so I will wait to post it:)

Okay, here is the new video I made to try and help on feed getting stuck. I hope this helps:)

Also, here is other videos I did on my feeder and waterer.

Feed sticking? Hope this helps:)

Pipe feeder put together:)

Chicken waterer!!

No I didn't get the chance to fix up the coop on Friday
sad.png
, I get home from work after 4 pm and with Autumn and DST it gets dark so early the girls are already starting to stretch their necks upward planing to retire for the night. I wouldn't bother them when they want to sleep. I just check in the morning that the food has gone down into the trough and if not I bang it a bit or pock at it with a stick, it usually dislodges if it gets stuck. Mostly, just the daily moving of the coop dislodges it.

I really liked the youtube on feed sticking, I hope this Friday I will be able to get a bit done.

I also noticed that the feed I bought has a lot of dust-like particles in it, the next batch I will buy elsewhere, and it will be bigger grain-like feed. I think that would flow better, just by being a different texture. I don't see them eating the dust-like whatever it is, so I think that even though the feed wasn't expensive, I am paying for stuff they can't eat so I want to try buying from a different place. I still have a lot to learn about feed and everything, good thing I found this wonderful site!

Thanks for all of the help!

No I didn't get the chance to fix up the coop on Friday
sad.png
, I get home from work after 4 pm and with Autumn and DST it gets dark so early the girls are already starting to stretch their necks upward planing to retire for the night. I wouldn't bother them when they want to sleep. I just check in the morning that the food has gone down into the trough and if not I bang it a bit or pock at it with a stick, it usually dislodges if it gets stuck. Mostly, just the daily moving of the coop dislodges it.

I really liked the youtube on feed sticking, I hope this Friday I will be able to get a bit done.

I also noticed that the feed I bought has a lot of dust-like particles in it, the next batch I will buy elsewhere, and it will be bigger grain-like feed. I think that would flow better, just by being a different texture. I don't see them eating the dust-like whatever it is, so I think that even though the feed wasn't expensive, I am paying for stuff they can't eat so I want to try buying from a different place. I still have a lot to learn about feed and everything, good thing I found this wonderful site!

Thanks for all of the help!

Yes, it is getting darker faster now. BOO!!! I would think the "dust" would flow better in the pipe. You just to to ajust it when you can my friend:)

I am starting my girls on an all organic nonGMO feed in the next week or so and this is what it looks like.

I am also raising these grubs I find in my garden to feed to my girls when they are full grown. These grubs will eat chicken and rabbit manure as well:)
Part 1

Part 2

Check out all the videos I have on these grubs in my playlist and let me know what you all think about the idea!! http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvauaFZJqCU8_5jvw2kFOiwEP6fO4lGh8&feature=view_all

God Bless!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom