DIY incubator

I would start with either a mini fridge, a wine cooler, or a regular old cooler used for camping. I used a 40 watt light bulb in mine for heat. http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Repti...1363131327&sr=8-1&keywords=reptile+thermostat This is the thermostat I bought to use I just plugged the light into it. Works like a charm. I hooked up some computer fans to some sort of wall charger for air circulation. Rocks from my driveway were out in the bottom so when I open it up it can bounce back to the temp. quickly. If you search JUST BUILT MY DIY INCUBATOR you will find my incubator. I've got my first set of eggs in there on day 5. They will incubate in that one and go into lock down in my brinsea octagon 20 eco. My only thing I'm slightly worried about is weather or not I'm going to have enough oxygen for the eggs to breath. For a window my mine fridge I used had this area on the back that unscrewed so I took it off and just used liquid nail to glue a piece of plexi glass on. Hope this all helps you to build your incubator.

Back
Top Bottom