Tre3hugger

Let Your Freak Flag Fly
Mar 21, 2020
NW Massachusetts
Hey guys. Started on a raised beds build today. I'd like to use this thread to chronicle the build and the subsequent growing life of the bed. I was going for a U shape. The sides of the U are 12 feet, with the bottom being 6 feet. Almost 50 sq ft of growing space. I plan to fence it with poultry wire against deer and rabbit. I used a combination of scrap wood and bought wood. Spent little under 100 total, and had to spend 20 on screws as I was low. Here is some pics of the build...

Starting thr frame. The short side closer to the camera will be the back(6 FT). The other side will have the door.
20200408_144632.jpg

Added the side walls(1x6x6 common board). Posts are a mix of 4x4 and beech logs.
20200408_150827.jpg

Added front walls(upcycled 70 year old industrial pallet!) and framing the inner walls. Don;t know how I see anything through those dreads. lol
20200408_162559.jpg

20200408_164557.jpg

I finished framing the whole thing today. Tomorrow Just need to add the fencing and build a door! I work at 4 and its supposed to rain, so may have to wait til friday. Either way im excited to start this vegetable growing adventure!

Until you get in a fight. Hair like that is a handle for Uke. Once Uke controls your head, he controls your body. Perhaps your life is entirely peaceful. Good for you. It's a wonderful thing. I was once that way.

Don't rely much on after-treatment. It pales in comparison to pressure treating. We use railroad ties. Have to leave some space so the plants don't taste that creosote.

Been spending all of my time on ym chicks and guinea keets! Building a house for the guineas has been quite the project. I have dozens of seedlings insed right now though, whose eventual home will be this bed. Thank you so much for your interest!
Looks good ! How does it look now?

Back
Top Bottom