DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Eznet2u, Feb 23, 2012.

1. mlowen

mlowen Chillin' With My Peeps

So I painted it (and both my new batteries) with nail varnish! [​IMG] [/quote] Brilliant and awesome!;)

1 person likes this.
  2. nascarjunkie1

nascarjunkie1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    Marion, Arkansas
    Got my oster shell feeder and pellet feeder installed. Turned out great![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. marktoo

marktoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Wasn't very long ago this would have been a punchline to a joke. "Oh, I bought my wife a skilsaw or drill for her birthday, Christmas or whatever"....basically meaning you bought yourself a new toy. What lucky husbands to be able to shop for your gifts in the Tool Department instead of Women's Laugerie. Only thing better would be, not to have to shop at all. "Happy Birthday Babe, don't forget to buy yourself something" This is what I do! [​IMG]

4. yogifink

yogifink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2013
    Pinebluff, nc
    My Coop

5. rojororeo

rojororeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Hehe, no kidding huh?! I waaay prefer to slowly cruise the aisles in the feed store, tack store, or Lowe's... and lingerie... not too functional when you have to fun out to fix something during the night, lol. Tho very odd- our first anniversary- he got me an espresso machine and a small fish tank, very odd combo! (I grew up with fish tanks and always found them calming- chickens have since replaced them, lol)... of course, he never learned to operate the espresso machine... fairly sure that was so I would make him stuff with it!

That is cool! We are going to give our chickens a chicken-port (covered outside area, I hafta find a cute name for it still, lol). I have a nifty feeder which is similar that I want to get hung up when we are done...but I can't take the credit for it... might make something to better hold the oyster shell as well.. currently it is in a ratty old pot. Though that does admittedly work!

6. PrimroseMom1

PrimroseMom1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA

I also would rather be in a feed store or Lowe's. If anyone ever gave me a table saw they'd be a friend for life. Last Christmas I asked for saw horses. I wanted the metal kind. Didn't get it. Oh, well.

7. Twinklin

Twinklin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2013
    Scottsdale, AZ
    My Coop
    My boyfriend got me a Home Depot gift card for Valentine's Day. He knows I don't like fresh flowers because they die. Funny because I used to be a florist. But he figured he would get me a gift card so I could spend it in the garden center... we ended up getting a shop vac with it :p

8. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    A few years back my dad gave my mom a 30/30 for mothers day,he got flowers for fathers day that year.

9. marktoo

marktoo Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I trust she enjoyed her 30/30 as well as your Dad's flowers. Turnabout is fair play!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  10. rojororeo

rojororeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    We got some of the metal ones on CL. They are awesome! Cumbersome, but awesome still :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by