DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

They sure would make the driveway easy to see!

The flat ones never stay in the right position to reflect my headlights. :barnie

Ha, found a cheaper set, gonna order them!
Done. Haven't tested in the dark yet tho.
upload_2019-11-6_7-3-45.png

@bigmrg74 did you get some?

Here is our elevated fodder table!
Cool idea @Black Rabbit Homestead, good video too!
How has it held up, drainage worked as planned?
Did the table provide a launching pad for them to fly over the run wall?
Doesn't look like run has a mesh roof?

Curious too about your climate.....
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-11-6_7-7-47.png

That looks great, I'm sure they will be very visible in the vehicle headlights. I didn't realize the disco balls were so small.
Yeah, although I noticed their size(1.6" Dia) before ordering and was a bit disappointed(wanted 4") I decided to try them anyway. Not sure they are going to work as well as I'd envisioned, tonite was first time I drove home in the dark and they do not catch as much light as I'd hoped. :(

OK so you good DIY folks help me here.... I KNOW there has to be a way I can use this thing! IF I can figure out or WE can figure this out it might not be so temporary. lol see below....

In a few weeks I'll be getting 24 chicks to raise. I have a pen for them when they get a little larger but I'm thinking about something and need some ideas..... I have one of those large round metal cattle troughs, the bottom is rusted out but the walls are nice and strong. I'd thought about putting it close to the house so I could raise the chicks in it until they got a little size on them. I have 3 cats that LOVE birds and critters and are GOOD hunters so this is WHY I was wanting to use the cattle trough. Only problem the ants will carry the biddies off since there's not bottom in it. I was going to put netting over the top of it or wire but WHAT or how can I fix a temporary bottom? Any ideas? OR do I just abandon this idea and figure out something else? This will be only for temp.

I don't know how big the cattle trough is. You could set it atop a piece of plywood for the bottom. That should work with netting over the top. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom