DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

We have a ranch near here that raises yaks. They supply a specialty restaurant down town with meat. They also sell cheese and yarn from the cows. I tried a burger but didn't care for it.
Do you think the yarn in the burger might be why you didn't like it?!
Sorry, I couldn't resist, at first it reads like that is what they do. :p

Do you think the yarn in the burger might be why you didn't like it?!
Sorry, I couldn't resist, at first it reads like that is what they do. :p
yuckyuck.gif

The animal in the second picture (charging? Joyful?) is absolutely gorgeous. Wow!

I think he is just romping full of life and energy. They are used for meat, fiber and draft. One ranch (that I am suscribed to on Facebook but am brain shorting on their name just now) trains about 3 steer calves a year to be pack animals. They can also be trained to ride too. They are extremely sure footed and adapted to high mountains and I believe are capable of carrying more weight than a horse. There are a few people that are beginning to use them when hunting elk in rough country. I have to admit that as much as I love and understand horses, the idea of hunting with these guys in cougar, bear and wolf country is appealing.

If it were me Id rather ride a Horse or a Mule and lead a Yak.... Though I understand Yaks dont walk as fast.

Mules are excellent pack an riding choices. Plus you have the added benfit of them being super dilligent over predator attack.

to give you an example of some of the stuff you can take a mule over...

0.jpg

and no they are not stubborn...

deb

I love this thread...............

I sure wish we could get back to the topic of it......... "Let's see your Inventions" (for chicken farming)

Thank you! :)

Building my semi-automatic feeder.

Thank you for sharing so many pictures of your feeder! I have not been able to leave a feeder out for my chickens for a long time because the mice population skyrocketed in our yard. My chickens never ate the mice, as other people have mentioned, but just watched them run around in the nest boxes with them! Do you know if mice can force their heads into the feeder opening and get to the food? If it keeps mice at bay, I would dearly love to try to build one like this so I don't have to go throw feed to our chickens as often.

Back
Top Bottom