DNA sex testing

To me their combs look so much different from one another, may I ask what you’re seeing in their combs that makes you think cockerels? I’m just trying to learn any and everything I possibly can! 😊
Wide, & raised. Pullet combs pretty much stay flat, maybe with a slight wrinkle, or two. Most of the time pullet combs aren't as wide.

Did they end up both cockerels? They both looked like cockerels to me.
Did they end up both cockerels? They both looked like cockerels to me.
Nope! Both of them are egg layin’ ladies!
Those sneaky little fluff balls had me guessing and second guessing for too long lol
They’ve grown so much and get more beautiful by the day ♥️♥️♥️ (I may be biased but I don’t care lmao)

Attachments

• 69FACE2B-DBD4-4F9F-92B6-B59EF01D7879.jpeg
    69FACE2B-DBD4-4F9F-92B6-B59EF01D7879.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 7
  • D0E5C20F-D507-41C4-8B4A-B284C2CCC6C0.jpeg
    D0E5C20F-D507-41C4-8B4A-B284C2CCC6C0.jpeg
    390.6 KB · Views: 8
  • FA36BBA9-5409-40FB-BF89-A02DB8498B4D.jpeg
    FA36BBA9-5409-40FB-BF89-A02DB8498B4D.jpeg
    646.2 KB · Views: 8
Those sneaky little fluff balls had me guessing and second guessing for too long lol
They’ve grown so much and get more beautiful by the day ♥️♥️♥️ (I may be biased but I don’t care lmao)
Beautiful! How did you finally determine they were hens?

Beautiful! How did you finally determine they were hens?
Thank you! I just waited it out and then on January 22nd I went in to put them up for the evening and found an egg in the run! I wasn’t sure which one laid it but I was still so excited! I’ve been only getting one egg each time I collect but they both squat for me now so I know they’re both hens. I’m gonna get a game cam to put in there so I can find out who’s laying when lol

It's been my limited experience that around 8-11 weeks streamers start to come out from the head. There are outliers,of course. I've spoken to one full time breeder of Silkies and he said to that at times,it was close to impossible without a DNA test.

Curious to hear from others.

Sorry I don't have something more definitive.

Beautiful! They look great! I’m happy it was a positive outcome for you 😊

Back
Top Bottom