Do Ameraucanas have 5 toes?

LazytownChick

Songster
5 Years
Jun 9, 2018
Minnesota
I bought a Blue Ameraucana from Meyer Hatchery but it has 5 toes. Did I get the wrong breed?
Screenshot_20210514-070348_Video Editor.jpg

I bought a Blue Ameraucana from Meyer Hatchery but it has 5 toes. Did I get the wrong breed?View attachment 2668490
Was this chick banded? The Ameraucanas are banded at the hatchery.
There is no way that is a pure breed Ameraucana with 5 toes and I'd be on the phone with them pronto about it.
BUT, they will certainly want to see that band. I had a splash Ameraucana cockerel die within 24 hours of arriving and along with 2 other chicks so I asked to have them all replaced and they made me jump through hoops to prove my Ameracauna boy had died because I'd removed the band.

Last edited:
Was this chick banded? The Ameraucanas are banded at the hatchery.
There is no way that is a pure breed Ameraucana with 5 toes and I'd be on the phone with them pronto about it.
BUT, they will certainly want to see that band. I had a splash Ameraucana cockerel die within 24 hours of arriving and along with 2 other chicks so I asked to have the all replaced and they made me jump through hoops to prove my Ameracauna boy had died because I'd removed the band.
Yes it was banded but I took the band off already. I'll have to see if my daughter has pics of them when they were still banded.

Back
Top Bottom